No announcement yet.

The Workout Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate being sick. I just don't have the energy to do any heavy lifting. Fortunately I was able to power through and do some cardio today.
    sigpic

Comment

• When I am sick I workout anyway and my friends laugh as I get angry over my numbers dropping.

Overall, not worth the anger.
      Originally posted by Daniel
      Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

That's how you sound.
      lmao

Comment

• My lunch played the other lunch period in ultimate today after school and we lost 10-9. I couldn't play because I was at the doctor and two of our best players couldn't go either (one sprained his ankle and I have no idea where the other guy was). We'll get them next time.

Comment

• I haven't been able to lift for a while because I've been using that 3 hour block every day in the chem lab figuring out a way to synthesize ibuprofen from scratch, with a high % yield while not using things that are considered "too dangerous" for most students as a guinea pig for next semester. Feels terrible, but at least I have a few days off to get back to working out... but my college weight room is closed until monday.

NERD RAGE.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
            I haven't been able to lift for a while because I've been using that 3 hour block every day in the chem lab figuring out a way to synthesize ibuprofen from scratch, with a high % yield while not using things that are considered "too dangerous" for most students as a guinea pig for next semester. Feels terrible, but at least I have a few days off to get back to working out... but my college weight room is closed until monday.

NERD RAGE.
            Aren't you in your 30s?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nasmatic View Post
              Aren't you in your 30s?
              Nope. Still in my 20s.

Comment

• Everyone that takes supplements should check out bodybuilding, AppNut, ProMera, etc.

They are all having sales from Friday to Monday and not too many people order directly from suppliers, so they're cheap.
                Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

That's how you sound.
                lmao

Comment

• Just threw up from working out for the first time in a while. It is always legs.

That's how you sound.
                  lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by SwAg Dynasty View Post
                    Just threw up from working out for the first time in a while. It is always legs.
                    Do you make it to the bathroom, or do you just let loose on the gym floor?

EDIT: Also, make sure you're still breathing while doing the heavy lifts. You're not holding your breath while you strain, are you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alastair View Post
                      Do you make it to the bathroom, or do you just let loose on the gym floor?

EDIT: Also, make sure you're still breathing while doing the heavy lifts. You're not holding your breath while you strain, are you?
                      I can tell when it's going to happen a few minutes in advance, so I will always make it to the bathroom.

No, it's nothing to do with breathing or anything like that. It's just sheer overexertion because of the volume and stress level of the workout. It's always the strip sets that get me, after them I have to just stand up and gain balance by holding onto something for about 30 seconds.

Edit - And my leg day is less about heavy than it is about perfect motion and the range of that motion.

That's how you sound.
                      lmao

Comment

• Nice day at the gym today doing chest/tri's. I was just going to do massive cardio, but I feel like being able to walk tomorrow.

Comment

• Finally getting back into a rhythm. Bumping up my pace.

Comment

• Has anyone here ever done Insanity? Any thoughts?
                            JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS CMD V

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJETS80 View Post
                              Has anyone here ever done Insanity? Any thoughts?
                              It's an afterburn-style workout with compound movements and little rest.

It's harder than P90X, but not unbearable... You'll probably throw up if you push through the fatigue.

That's how you sound.
                              lmao

Comment

• I hate having to wake up at 5am and working out in the morning, but it always gives me the best results.

Still sucks though.

That's how you sound.
                                lmao

Comment

Working...
                                X