Podcasts you listen to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Podcasts you listen to

I know there's been some talk of a WF.com podcast, but until the momentous day it arrives, I was wondering about what the rest of you listen to.

I have a few of the ESPN football podcasts on my list, as well as NFL Gridiron Gab. The Gab podcast lacks the professionalism of the ESPN versions (often with the presenters speaking just slightly off mike so they vary quite a bit in volume), however during the season they do an odds show, which is something that ESPN doesn't touch. I guess it's also nice to hear some slants you don't get whenever you turn on the tv.

I also get the Macworld podcast (geeky, but keeps me abreast of all these new features constantly plaguing every software update), This Week in Photography, a new one I am trying for a while, and triple j new music podcast (the best radio station in Australia - government funded and more or less devoted to new aus music and your non-pop R&B stuff).

So any suggestions for podcasts that forum users have found awesome (particularly NFL or NCAAF ones)?

I don't have time to listen to podcasts...but if I am travelling on a long drive I like to download a Thundering Herd (I know Walter hates him, but he knows football) or something with Eric Caselias (spelling? also forgot name of his show).
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Ehh, I spend a lot of time cycling (for fitness and also to and from work), plus being in Australia it keeps me in the sporting loop that I don't get from our tv.

Comment

jimmy, what are the women like in australia?

Also, do austrailian people think americans have accents since they have Austrailian accents to us?
        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
          jimmy, what are the women like in australia?

Also, do austrailian people think americans have accents since they have Austrailian accents to us?
          Umm, this is a hard question to answer without going into some heavy stereotypes. Consequently, I'll euphamise a little. They aren't as "liberal" as US ladies, and that's not in a political sense. It's everything from attitudes about sexual equality to stuff that gets threads closed here. When I travel from one place to the other, its a bit like a time machine takes me 20 years forward or backwards. Other than that, anatomically they are definitely similar, though Aussie girls tend to wear less makeup.

As for accents, most Australian's think I'M American. My accent seems to me much closer to them than the US one, however having spent a fair few years in the US (as well as the UK), my accent is different enough to be labeled foreign?

Comment

I hate ESPN's football podcasts. The hosts drag the entire program down. That wouldn't be a problem with a WF podcast (as long is Walter is on for his brains and Matt is on for his shock value).

Comment

I listen to ESPNs fantasy podcast for football and baseball. also, Mike and the Mad Dog.
              NY Giants fan since birth.

Comment

Working...
              X