Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

Ok I'm wrapping up my associates degree at a community college in northern VA (NOVA). In the fall I will be going to a real school and have been accepted into the following:

Virginia Tech
    James Madison
    Mary Washington

I need opinions of the aforementioned schools if you all have any. It sounds sort of weird but I don't have a "dream" school so my decision is really up in the air. Please give me ur 2 cents if you know any pros/cons of those schools.

Thanks guys

What are your career goals?

Comment

Lucky you. I don't know anything about any of them, but I do think it may be a little somber (still) at VA Tech. That stuff just doesn't go away.

Comment

Current major is psychology. I'm considering doing social work later on among other sh*t like law school if I'm not too dumb.

Yeah the Tech stuff was crazy but it didnt cause a drop in applicants and all that jazz.

Comment

Originally posted by Flounder87 View Post
          Current major is psychology. I'm considering doing social work later on among other sh*t like law school if I'm not too dumb.

Yeah the Tech stuff was crazy but it didnt cause a drop in applicants and all that jazz.
          I don't know anything about those schools either, except VT, but for a psych degree i don't think it matters much. Go by cost and convenience. I've put 2 kids through college and imo the school is not really relevant unless you're goals are extremely high.

Comment

Good point. What do you know of VT? Thanks for the imput.

Comment

Cost isn't a big factor, as all three are public, in-state schools. Convenience factor would def go to MW as it is 40 mins south of home and still within 90 miles of DC and Richmond.

I guess I'm just pretty indecisive...I don't have a strong #1 so I'm hoping I choose a school that I will be happy with down the road...

Comment

Originally posted by Flounder87 View Post
                Good point. What do you know of VT? Thanks for the imput.
                VT is a good school, but as the name suggests it is more high level technology based. So, if you wanted to go into architecture, computer science, etc I would think that this would be your choice. But it's not, so go with the easiest one that fits your current life schedule.

Comment

Working...
                X