Fantasy Cheat Sheet Tools?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Cheat Sheet Tools?

HI assume a few of you guys are playing fantasy football and my question is is there anywhere on the web you can find a tool, or a program to download and have on your computer, to make and customize your own cheat sheets and player rankings?

From what I've seen on the web there are a few sites that offer this kind of tools but they all wan't like $20 for it and you get a lot of features that I don't want.

Anybody got any tips?
    Forgive me I'm Swedish!

Excel?

Comment

Yeah, I fear I have to use that as my last resort. I was hoping that somebody already had made some smart little program I could've used...
      Forgive me I'm Swedish!

Comment

NFL.com lets you move players where ever you want in their player rankings

Comment

I use a good old fashioned pen and paper... I love fantasy football drafts more than anything, well a close 2nd to making my NCAA bracket which is actually #3 out of 1200 right now so I'm doing good. Had almost no upsets besides WV over Duke Which Happened! and Davidson over GT Which Happened! Now I need UCLA to beat UNC in the finals and I'm set
          Check out my new site Today!
          Live 4 The Story

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Maciasz View Post
            I use a good old fashioned pen and paper... I love fantasy football drafts more than anything, well a close 2nd to making my NCAA bracket which is actually #3 out of 1200 right now so I'm doing good. Had almost no upsets besides WV over Duke Which Happened! and Davidson over GT Which Happened! Now I need UCLA to beat UNC in the finals and I'm set
            Wow looking good so far. Hopefully you didn't jinx yourself knock on wood.
            WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
            Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
              NFL.com lets you move players where ever you want in their player rankings
              Yeah I know, but if I remember correctly they just have an overall player ranking. My idea was that you move around the players in the overall list and that you also can extract individual position lists from it. Now I've started making an excel-file that hopefully does what I wan't it to. If there is any interest I can post it here when it is done (Which likely will be after the draft so I can update it with the rookies).

And also like somebody else said: When it is time to draft, I like to draft, I like to have pen and paper...
              Forgive me I'm Swedish!

Comment

Here goes...

Right here comes the firt version of a fantasy draft cheat sheet which can be edited. It does not contain any rookies or bye weeks, but the later editions will.

The functionality is rather straightforward in the overall sheet you move around players and in the position-specific sheets you get the position-based ranking. The problem is the moving around bit which is a bit tricky in excel. My tip:

Select the row of the player you want to move.
                Cut it.
                Now select the row in which you want the player.
                select "Insert copied cells"

To make it easier I've made a macro that sets ctrl + y as the command to Insert copied cells.

There is another problem though: My version of excel is swedish and unless excel manages to autotranslate the code used (which i highly doubt). The easiest wasy to fix this is to translate the expressions used in the first row of each sheet and then do the "drag and copy thing" all the way down the column. Or you an just search and replace.

Short dictionary of terms you will need when translating:
                RAD = ROW
                ANTAL.OM = COUNTIF
                FÖRSKJUTNING = OFFSET
                OM = IF
                ÄRFEL = ISERROR
                INDEX = INDEX
                PASSA = MATCH

Other terms which I might have missed can be found here (http://dolf.trieschnigg.nl/excel/excel.html) if needed.

PLease give some feedback if you managed to get the file to work, if I've missed some players or if there is anything else that seems strange about it.
                Attached Files
                Forgive me I'm Swedish!

Comment

Wow, that is great. Now I will be prepared for my fantasy-football draft.

Comment

Did it work in english?
                    Forgive me I'm Swedish!

Comment

Yeah

Comment

Nice! Did you have to translate or did excel do it automatically?

Hope it helps people in their Fantsy Drafts...
                        Forgive me I'm Swedish!

Comment

It's pretty cool. Nice work Leo. And yes it translates the code to English automatically. No search and replace needed.
                          WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                          Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

god dam adobe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vbsiena24 View Post
                              It's pretty cool. Nice work Leo. And yes it translates the code to English automatically. No search and replace needed.
                              Sweet! Good to hear it is working.

I've actually started to think about arranging a fantasy mock in the forum when we get a bit closer to the season.
                              Forgive me I'm Swedish!

Comment

Working...
                              X