Motivational Posters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sitisfit View Post
    I just to this day can't comprehend how a reasonable man or woman can actually believe in the bible... absolutely can't fathom it and I've tried hard
    well I would say that over 30% of the Earth does and that might be a low estimate, over 2 billion, the question is how someone can orchestrate a lie that makes that many people believe it, plus the evidence that has been gathered...
    2010 WF.com PPR Champion
    2011 WF.com PPR Runner-Up
    2014 WF.com PPR Runner-Up
    2013 VF Fantasy League Champion

CMD II Champion [co-owner with simonds]
    CMD III NFC North Champion [co-owner with simonds]
    CMD V NFC North Champion

Comment

I just to this day can't comprehend how a reasonable man or woman can actually believe in the bible... absolutely can't fathom it and I've tried hard
      Even if your Christian you do not have to. Those stories have meanings and lessons, but a basis in truth, not so much. You do not have to believe in most of the bible to be a Christian. Just small pieces such as Jesus, Immaculate Conception (Mary being conceived free of original sin), and Transubstantiation (that the bread and wine literally transform into the body and blood of Jesus) if your Catholic.

Personally, I was raised Catholic and believe very little of any of this. But, recognize that very little of the bible or christian teachings have to be taken as truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by InjuredReserve View Post
        Even if your Christian you do not have to. Those stories have meanings and lessons, but a basis in truth, not so much. You do not have to believe in most of the bible to be a Christian. Just small pieces such as Jesus, Immaculate Conception (Mary being conceived free of original sin), and Transubstantiation (that the bread and wine literally transform into the body and blood of Jesus) if your Catholic.

Personally, I was raised Catholic and believe very little of any of this. But, recognize that very little of the bible or christian teachings have to be taken as truth.
        debatable, there are many lessons is the Bible, all the people were real so unless it is false there is no way you can't not believe in the bible and really think that you are a Christian, not saying all of it's to be taken word for word, some of it is not to be taken literally you just don't know about all of it, just my take...
        2010 WF.com PPR Champion

CMD V NFC North Champion

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by CasanovaFrankenstein View Post
            I actually agree w/ this one, amazing how some people won't accept anything or even consider that evolution has a place in christianity.
            2010 WF.com PPR Champion

CMD V NFC North Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by TheDustyFootPhilosopher View Post
              So a question. Not to get away from the meaning of this thread. Why of the millions of planets in the universe to God come visit OUR planet. Or make OUR planet inhabitable. Just a question to any religious person who feelsl like answering that.
              Why did the big bang decide to give this one life?

Comment

• Originally posted by mpg1995 View Post
                Why did the big bang decide to give this one life?
                another good point, but how did the Big Bang originate??? what was the forsce behind it, where did the matter come from??? couldn't have come from nothing, hmmmm I might have an answer...
                2010 WF.com PPR Champion

CMD V NFC North Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfan173 View Post
                  another good point, but how did the Big Bang originate??? what was the forsce behind it, where did the matter come from??? couldn't have come from nothing, hmmmm I might have an answer...
                  Where did the big bang come from?
                  I don't know, but science will find out eventually

But assuming there's an invisible sky magician who createtd everything and who's also just existed forever sounds a hell of a lot worse than just "I don't know, but science will find out eventually"

Comment

But assuming there's an invisible sky magician who created everything and who's also just existed forever sounds a hell of a lot worse than just "I don't know, but science will find out eventually"
                    I don't know god will find out eventually.

Comment

But assuming there's an invisible sky magician who createtd everything and who's also just existed forever sounds a hell of a lot worse than just "I don't know, but science will find out eventually"
                      Actually science will never discover the origins or catalyst for the Big Bang because it occured before our universe. Science and its laws stem from the universe and thus can only explain the things within it. So this will remain an unprovable philosophical issue.

Comment

• I also hate it when people paint all religious people to be idiot creationists. That is so not the case. Alot of intelligent religious people believe in evolution. We simply believe that God was the catalyst for the evolutionary process.

Comment

• Originally posted by InjuredReserve View Post
                          I also hate it when people paint all religious people to be idiot creationists. That is so not the case. Alot of intelligent religious people believe in evolution. We simply believe that God was the catalyst for the evolutionary process.
                          agree with everything you just said
                          2010 WF.com PPR Champion

CMD V NFC North Champion

Comment

• That's how I see everything as well. The existence of God can explain everything. God wanted the universes so he created the big bang.....evolution as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosCon View Post
                              That's how I see everything as well. The existence of God can explain everything. God wanted the universes so he created the big bang.....evolution as well.
                              Of course it can explain everything. That's what it was invented for...
                              "Hey, don't hate, accelerate!"

Team CKane

Comment

Of course it can ALMOST explain everything. That's what it was invented for...
                                we will never know everything...
                                2010 WF.com PPR Champion

CMD V NFC North Champion

Comment

Working...
                                X