ESPN should fire Jemele Hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN should fire Jemele Hill

It's bad enough you have a woman talking about sports. It's even worse than all of her articles are complete garbage. Her most recent journalism masterpiece is about being nice to your mother:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...4&sportCat=nba

Whoops this probably belongs in "Other Sports Forum".

Comment

I don't like the label that women shouldn't talk about sports. Julie Foudy was my favorite soccer analyst during the World Cup. I think the female commentator for the NBA is very good.

However, LeBron's mom has been a pain in the you-know-what since he has got money.

She needs to get out of the game and LeBron had every right to tell her to stfu during the game. This isn't little league.

But yeah I don't have any respect for Hill's knowledge of sports...but I think it is unfair to give that label to every female.
      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

She sucks. Period. But she did write a pretty good article on Buffalo Bills 7th rd pick Demetrius Bell and his estranged father Karl Malone. This guy is a true dickhead. Won't even recognize the kid as his son.

Anyway, you're right, PP, the LeBron mom article was a terrible read. And you are right, Matt, LeBron had every right to put his mother in her place. It doesn't mean he loves her or respects her any less, but she was acting out of line and he handled it like a man. I thought it was classy during the game (I didn't know it was his mom until after.) for LeBron to yell at a Cavs fan then go give Paul Pierce a shake to say "No problem, hard foul." He seems like a pretty mature guy for only being 23 and being thrust in the spotlight since 8th grade.
        If It's Fair...It's Gone...
        My blog.
        Updated 5/13: Added top 50 WR to RB and QB Rankings. Top 100 overall board to come soon.

Comment

Woman should not be in sports that they know nothing about. ala Dorris Burke. I like Cheryl Miller and Pam Olivver. After that, I don't like the rest (i might be missing someone)

Comment

Originally posted by fivas14 View Post
            Woman should not be in sports that they know nothing about. ala Dorris Burke. I like Cheryl Miller and Pam Olivver. After that, I don't like the rest (i might be missing someone)
            We were talking about analysts but when it comes to sideline reporters I hate all of them (female). Especially Rachel Nichols and Erin Andrews. They truly don't know anything about sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick F. View Post
              He seems like a pretty mature guy for only being 23 and being thrust in the spotlight since 8th grade.
              He seemed like a very mature kid even coming out of high school I agree. I really like the piece on him done by ESPN when he was around the house with his kid.

Love the smack talk he had in Toronto with Chris Bosh's girlfriend and his cousin...hilairious.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                We were talking about analysts but when it comes to sideline reporters I hate all of them (female). Especially Rachel Nichols and Erin Andrews. They truly don't know anything about sports.
                Agreed, they're horrible. Stick to the WNBA, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                  He seemed like a very mature kid even coming out of high school I agree. I really like the piece on him done by ESPN when he was around the house with his kid.
                  I haven't seen or read the piece, I'll have to look it up. I always wonder why his kid isn't brought into the equation more when people talk about him, but from all accounts I can find he's a good father and a really good guy. Good for him, it's nice to see a positive star like that leading the NBA comeback.
                  If It's Fair...It's Gone...
                  My blog.
                  Updated 5/13: Added top 50 WR to RB and QB Rankings. Top 100 overall board to come soon.

Comment

Working...
                  X