X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• packman_jon
    replied
    Originally posted by EthnicFootball59 View Post
    From what I heard creatine basically screws up your liver. So I avoid it like the plague.
    Only if you intake too much. Then again, everything (even water) is bad with way too much...

Leave a comment:

• Ryan Leaf
    replied
    Recently started up on some naNO vapor. Stuff is intense. Gives me alittle extra boost of energy and stamina to get through my workout and it gets the blood flowing. If you have the extra cash I'd give it a try. It was like 50 bucks.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by EthnicFootball59 View Post
    From what I heard creatine basically screws up your liver. So I avoid it like the plague. Egg white omelets on the other hand after workouts are golden. Great stuff, not to mention you don't gag on it like insoluble whey protein.
    Creatine is pretty healthy actually, as long as you drink enough water.

Leave a comment:

• EthnicFootball59
    replied
    From what I heard creatine basically screws up your liver. So I avoid it like the plague. Egg white omelets on the other hand after workouts are golden. Great stuff, not to mention you don't gag on it like insoluble whey protein.

Leave a comment:

• RedRaider80
    replied
    I would list my wortkout,. but I dont know the name for half the stuff I do..

Leave a comment:

• NoNonsenseCoach
    replied
    Whey Protein is good if you're going to take supplements. Creatine is a waste in my opinion. It doesn't build muscle mass like most people think, it just adds water weight and helps the body obtain it. If you're working that hard on cardiovascular exercises I would avoid it all together. The only people I would suggest it for is people who want bulk (such as NFL lineman) and are willing to sacrifice agility for it.

Other than that I bench, do bicep curls, tricep extensions, shoulder overhead press, crunches, leg presses, and I use the leg press also on my calves just extending my toes.
    Your workout routine and diet is far more important than any supplement you can take. There is no perfect routine so whatever you want to work on the most you should exercise the most. For example, if you want overall bulk but specifically want to show off some "big guns" I'd throw in concentrated curls and skull crushers.

If you don't have an area of focus, I'd at least add a lat pull down and upright row to counter your shoulder overhead press and bench press.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    lol I don't do that but I occasionlly get a few sips in between sets.

Leave a comment:

• Eagles4Life
    replied
    I'm not saying don't drink it. I always drink water during workouts, and drink a gatorade on the way home. I'm saying don't drink so much that it distracts you. Like, all you can think about during the set is getting some water.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    I usually drink water between sets. Should I not do that? Why? I thought if I was on creatine I was supposed to up water intake to avoid muscle pulls and such.

So you don't do that entire workout everytime?

Usually what I do, is I do one set of something (say a bench press) then I go and do bicep curls, then tricep curles, then leg presses, then go back to the bench. That way my muscles get a lot of rest but I'm still getting 3 sets in...or would you suggest to do 3 sets, then move on of each exercise?

Leave a comment:

• Eagles4Life
    replied
    I usually get 5 days a week. I take Wednesday's and Sunday's off. Try to get at least 9 good sets in for every muscle and you should be good. Rest 1 minute between each set. Drinking water or Gatorade is nice, but don't get to where you feel like you can't work out without it, I've been there, it sucks. Try to eat something immediately after your workout, protein shakes work too. This gets you the absolute most out of it.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by Eagles4Life View Post
    What machines do you have for your legs?
    Leg Press (I do 3 sets of 20 for my quads)
    Then I just put my toes on the bottom of it and lift it using my ankles and calves (do 3 sets of 40)

This is like the machine I use

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Yt7pYIjEFo4

Also the thing where you can do leg curls...don't do these as often as I should

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3t64qLWIgII&feature=related

How many days a week do you work out?
    Last edited by Matt McGuire; 07-19-2008, 07:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Eagles4Life
    replied
    What machines do you have for your legs?

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    We don't have barbells in my small gym. Just treadmills, bikes, weight machines (not as good as freeweights, but it's the best I can do and I don't need a spotter), and dumbells.

I've been working out for around 3-4 weeks so far and about 5-6 days a week. I really like it and I really like eating healthy...I'm much happier. For instance I just totally gave up juices, crystal light, and soda. All I drink now is water. Also I'm eating less.

Just basically looking forward to what my body is going to look like 6 months and a year down the road.

Thanks for the encouragement E4Life. I appreciate it

Leave a comment:

• Eagles4Life
    replied
    Alright, take a bar, preferably the oplympic bar, and lay it at your feet. Bend over while only slightly, SLIGHTLY, bending your knees and pick up the bar and stand straight up. Slowly bend back down, if the bar has 45's or 35's on it go down until it hits the ground, if not, aim for a little below the knees.

Try to get around 5-10 reps. Oh, and this is going to burn like crazy if you do it right.

Do you work out with someone? That helps a lot.

And if I'm gonna be your trainer, I'm gonna be messaging you a lot to keep up with you and make sure you're not slacking off. Most people's desire to work out dwindles around week 4 or 5. If you work through that, you'll never stop loving it.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    I'm going to add a lot of those exercises into my regiment (incline bench, donkey calfs, lateral flys, lunges...basically I'm just going to start exercising harder).

Eagles4Life is Matt McGuire's unofficial personal trainer. Good thing he doesn't charge.

What is RDL?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X