Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man I'm gonna be so mad in 12 years.

Comment

They could just move the tournament to the US and not worry about playing it in the winter. . .

edit: nevermind. The last thing we need is another excuse for Mexicans to come here.

Michael Floyd > Justin Blackmon

Comment

Originally posted by Sitisfit View Post
        Meh, can't be much wors than Japan and South Korea
        Japan was great. The only downside I experienced with that tournament was the extremely high cost of living in Japan.

And I'd say it was tough for a lot of people with the time zone differences

Comment

Originally posted by PaddyPatriot View Post
          I'm thinking about it but i would have liked Netherlands/Belgium - less violence and that. But then I'm hoping to get down to Brazil for the next one.

I'm wondering how Qatar is going to deal with the alcohol (it's a dry country) and it's also been pointed out to me that Qatar doesn't recognise Israel as a country so that'd be interesting if they qualified...

Oh and they're really homophobic and while football is still pretty homophobic too there are a few out players. John O'Shea for one (Irish midfielder/defender)
          According to Man City fans. Too bad he's married to a woman.
          http://bloochat.com/walterfootball <------------- WF.CHAT HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Descendency View Post
            They could just move the tournament to the US and not worry about playing it in the winter. . .

edit: nevermind. The last thing we need is another excuse for Mexicans to come here.
            I'm putting that in my sig.

Originally posted by hunterm View Post
            It's also a joke.
            http://bloochat.com/walterfootball <------------- WF.CHAT HERE

Comment

Doha/Katar - FIFA-Präsident Joseph S. Blatter hat sich deutlicher denn je für eine Verlegung der Fußball-WM 2022 in Katar in die Wintermonate ausgesprochen.

„Davon gehe ich aus. Wenn man Fußball spielt, muss man die wichtigsten Akteure schützen. Und das sind die Spieler“, sagte der Schweizer kurz vor dem Eröffnungsspiel der Asien-Meisterschaft in Doha.

Derzeit herrschen in Katars Hauptstadt Temperaturen um die 25 Grad, im Sommer kann es im Emirat am Persischen Golf 50 Grad heiß werden. Für eine Winter-WM müsste allerdings der internationale Spielkalender angepasst werden, was eine riesige logistische Herausforderung wäre. „Wir haben dafür noch elf Jahre Zeit. Ich halte den Januar oder das Jahresende für einen geeigneten Zeitraum“, sagte Blatter.

Der Ball liegt nun bei den Gastgebern. „Erst einmal müsste Katar den entsprechenden Wunsch äußern, sie haben es in der Hand. Sollte eine entsprechende Anfrage kommen, so wird diese im Exekutivkomitee behandelt. Bislang hat es sie noch nicht gegeben“, sagte FIFA-Generalsekretär Jerome Valcke.

F*ck you Blatter.

The FiFa is basically saying, if Quartar asks them to move the World Cup to Winter, the World Cup will be played in the Winter.
              -.-

Comment

Originally posted by Tango View Post
                F*ck you Blatter.

The FiFa is basically saying, if Quartar asks them to move the World Cup to Winter, the World Cup will be played in the Winter.
                -.-
                Yeah I think it is almost certain that this will happen. They will need to incrementally start changing the season dates from 2019 then so that they can do this. I'm really disappointed that this will change how each national game is played because of a single World Cup which considering that I feel the standard of international football today is declining every year is extremely frustrating.

Comment

The big clubs in Europe wil really fight this. Effectively trying to take 2 to 3 months out of the season for some of the better players in most cases to come back and be knackered for the rest of the season. Premiership football is huge money so they will fight this long and hard to preserve their investments of world stars.

Comment

Blatter's suggestion that the 2022 World Cup may be moved to winter has been rejected by host nation Qatar. "It is never in our interest to change one week beyond June and July," said Mohamed Bin Hammam, leader of the country's successful bid.
                    That is a snippet from an article in the English Times today but since you have to subscribe I cannot get the whole article.

This has been backed by Fifa's Geoff Thompson who's key point was
                    Qatar should honour its commitment to play the 2022 World Cup in the summer unless there is clear medical evidence which proved players are at risk.
                    Link for second part: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/9360977.stm

Comment

Working...
                    X