No announcement yet.

MLB Spring Training 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Britton's gonna beast after he gets promoted this season. He's a groundball machine

It's unleash the dragon time yall

Comment

Originally posted by cutty View Post
      Heard a surgeon on sports radio today say if Utley has surgery tomorrow, he could be back on the field in 6 weeks. I hope the Phillies put him under the knife, all that matters is October this year and they can make due for a few months while he recovers.
      This. I'd rather see a healthy Utley from Mid- June on then a this Day to Day crap all year. With our pitching staff well be fine without till then. We'll need him as close to 100% for the stretch run not worried about April.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Burner View Post
        This. I'd rather see a healthy Utley from Mid- June on then a this Day to Day crap all year. With our pitching staff well be fine without till then. We'll need him as close to 100% for the stretch run not worried about April.
        It's tough because we're not getting all the information. My biggest fear is not having a 100% Utley in October and I feel like surgery is the best way to avoid that.

I'm trying to avoid being over-confident, but this team should be able to sleepwalk into the playoffs even if the hitting is inconsistent. These 4 pitchers are not going to have down seasons, it's possible that a few of them put up career numbers (Halladay and Hamels, I'm looking at you)

Comment

How long do the Red Sox stick with Papelbon as their closer when they have a potential stud in Bard sitting in the setup role? Papelbon has been ATROCIOUS this spring so far. It's not just that he's been getting hit. He can't find the zone and has been very wild for many of his outings. I have to imagine he'll have a very short leash on him in April and that Francona won't hesitate to move Bard into that role if Papelbon blows a few saves early.

Comment

Originally posted by tbod10 View Post
            How long do the Red Sox stick with Papelbon as their closer when they have a potential stud in Bard sitting in the setup role? Papelbon has been ATROCIOUS this spring so far. It's not just that he's been getting hit. He can't find the zone and has been very wild for many of his outings. I have to imagine he'll have a very short leash on him in April and that Francona won't hesitate to move Bard into that role if Papelbon blows a few saves early.
            I'm definately reaching a little on Bard in my fantasy baseball league, bad case scenario he's in setup all year and is among the leaders in WHIP, K/9, and Holds. Neftali Feliz got all the pub, but Bard's stuff is more unhittable in 1 inning.

In my 6x6 league saves = 2 pts, holds = 1, blown saves = -2
            Last edited by cutty; 03-18-2011, 08:40 AM.

Comment

I'm definately reaching a little on Bard in my fantasy baseball league, bad case scenario he's in setup all year and is among the leaders in WHIP, K/9, and Holds. Neftali Feliz got all the pub, but Bard's stuff is more unhittable in 1 inning.

In my 6x6 league saves = 2 pts, holds = 1, blown saves = -2
              All I know is, as a Yankees fan, I just hope that the Red Sox and Francona keep believing that Papelbon is good or something. He's a shell of his former self and the longer they keep him in the closer role, the better the Yankees chances of winning the division.

Comment

My fantasy baseball team!!!!

Comment

How big of a league is that?

Comment

Originally posted by hunterm View Post
                    How big of a league is that?
                    12 people

Comment

Originally posted by RoflDogs View Post
                      12 people
                      That's a sick team.

Comment

Originally posted by hunterm View Post
                        That's a sick team.
                        Thanks bro

Comment

Baseball America top 100 prospects. Look at all those Royals...

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...1/2611316.html

Comment

Baseball America top 100 prospects. Look at all those Royals...

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...1/2611316.html
                            The player who I think is most major league ready for this upcoming season is Freddie Freeman of the Braves. I've seen a bit of him this spring and I really like his apporach at the plate and his swing. He could be a masher.

I've also heard great things about Mike Moustakas, the 3rd Base prospect of the Royals. His minor league numbers are disgusting. Hopefully he becomes for the Royals what they were hoping Alex Gordon would be.

Comment

Working...
                            X