Who is your favorite sports writer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is your favorite sports writer?

After High School, I followed up my experience as Editor of our newspaper to join the Journalism program when I started college. I left that program after two years because i could not find the inspiration to write a genuinely interesting story on a regular basis. I will forever admire those professionals that are able to do so well what I could not.

Mine is Mitch Albom. He's absolutely awesome.

Mitch Alboom is one of my all-time faves...also like Rick Reilly (spelling?)...and he is switching to ESPN Mag to let you know.

Big fan of Michael Lewis, author of Moneyball and The Blind Side. Such a big fan that I am looking forward to reading his book on Silicon Valley called The New New Thing. Just seems interesting to me.

You and I have a lot in common animal. I was a really good sports writer in high school (won 2nd place in state for sports journalism) and the head coach of the UK Tennis team, Dennis Emery, told me I covered the tennis better than anyone in the past 5 years. I quit though because all sports stories read the same to me and I just don't enjoy writing the same thing over and over and over. That's why a blog is so great. I can write about the things going on in the sports world, without having to slave for 40-50 years as a journalist before getting to that point, and making less than 25k a year doing it.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Not to kiss any ass, but, Walter Cherepinsky isn't half-bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
        Not to kiss any ass, but, Walter Cherepinsky isn't half-bad.
        Agreed. I like Michael Silver, and Matt as well.

Comment

Thanks guys!

I grew up idolizing Bill Simmons, Jay Mariotti and a few others. Mitch Albom is pretty good too.
          2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Aw man, I hate Mariotti. I love reading Adam Schefters articles.

Comment

Bill Simmons and that TMQ guy (Greg Easterbrook?) from ESPN are my favorites
              WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
              Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Jay Marrioti is very talented sprts writer, but I think he tends to like to use "shock value" too much.

Comment

Working...
                X