Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• animal52
    replied
    Jay Marrioti is very talented sprts writer, but I think he tends to like to use "shock value" too much.

Leave a comment:

• Vbsiena
    replied
    Bill Simmons and that TMQ guy (Greg Easterbrook?) from ESPN are my favorites

Leave a comment:

• NoNonsenseCoach
    replied
    Aw man, I hate Mariotti. I love reading Adam Schefters articles.

Leave a comment:

• Walter
    replied
    Thanks guys!

I grew up idolizing Bill Simmons, Jay Mariotti and a few others. Mitch Albom is pretty good too.

Leave a comment:

• 49ersfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Jason View Post
    Not to kiss any ass, but, Walter Cherepinsky isn't half-bad.
    Agreed. I like Michael Silver, and Matt as well.

Leave a comment:

• Jason
    replied
    Not to kiss any ass, but, Walter Cherepinsky isn't half-bad.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Mitch Alboom is one of my all-time faves...also like Rick Reilly (spelling?)...and he is switching to ESPN Mag to let you know.

Big fan of Michael Lewis, author of Moneyball and The Blind Side. Such a big fan that I am looking forward to reading his book on Silicon Valley called The New New Thing. Just seems interesting to me.

You and I have a lot in common animal. I was a really good sports writer in high school (won 2nd place in state for sports journalism) and the head coach of the UK Tennis team, Dennis Emery, told me I covered the tennis better than anyone in the past 5 years. I quit though because all sports stories read the same to me and I just don't enjoy writing the same thing over and over and over. That's why a blog is so great. I can write about the things going on in the sports world, without having to slave for 40-50 years as a journalist before getting to that point, and making less than 25k a year doing it.

Leave a comment:

• animal52
    started a topic Who is your favorite sports writer?

Who is your favorite sports writer?

After High School, I followed up my experience as Editor of our newspaper to join the Journalism program when I started college. I left that program after two years because i could not find the inspiration to write a genuinely interesting story on a regular basis. I will forever admire those professionals that are able to do so well what I could not.

Mine is Mitch Albom. He's absolutely awesome.
Working...
X