Huge Trade: Hawks Land Mike Bibby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge Trade: Hawks Land Mike Bibby

Hawks will trade Shelden Williams, Anthony Johnson, Tyronn Lue, and Lorenzen Wright to the Kings for Mike Bibby.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns
    Carolina Panther's GM

1. #17 - Jeff Otah, OT, Pittsburgh
    2. #37 - Ali Highsmith, OLB, LSU
    2. #43 - Jonathan Hefney, FS, Tennessee
    3. #74 - John David Booty, QB, USC
    3. #82 - Dre Moore, DT, Maryland
    4. #107 - Matt Forte, RB, Tulane

Shelden Williams for MIke Bibby the ****ing year you draft Acie Law in round 1. Man this franchise is a joke.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
      Shelden Williams for MIke Bibby the ****ing year you draft Acie Law in round 1. Man this franchise is a joke.
      I don't know, Matt. I've watched the Hawks a few times this year. They didn't give up much except for Shelden Williams, and Acie Law isn't ready yet. The Hawks are a very athletic team with a lot of young talent.

I'm sure the idea behind this trade is to bring veteran experience along with talent. Joe Johnson and Mike Bibby being the starting backcourt is actually pretty awesome. Marvin Williams, Josh Smith, and then Al Horford up front is a good starting 5. Anthony Johnson at PG was the big weakness until now.

Mike Woodson gets to keep his job now.

Comment

I know but rookies develop. They don't become stars right away.

Bibby is 29 also...when does he start to have serious injury concerns and lose speed?

He's only putting up 14 pts and 5 assts a game this year. Hardly jaw dropping.

Comment

He's been injured this year which explains his numbers, but has been an All Star. The Pistons backcourt of Billups and Hamilton are 31 and 30, with first round pick Rodney Stuckey the first guard off the bench.

Still Atlanta makes the playoffs now, but won't get past the first round. THAT is what I feel is not jaw dropping.

Comment

I'm more conerned about the future of the Hawks franchise about this Bibby trade. Not this season.

Same way with Celtics sacrificing future for a few years of KG and Ray Allen. I think those were good moves but it puts them on the verge of winning a championship. Not fighting for the #8 seed in the Eastern conference.

Comment

I think the quality of this decision will be based on how well Bibby can lead these young guys. In three years he'll be 32 and this team could have 3 All Stars in Johnson, Horford, and Smith.

For Sacramento, it's all about how well Shelden develops.

Comment

raptors own the east, bibby wont help them :P
                Philadelphia Eagles - One.Team.Dream.City

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bwest36 View Post
                  raptors own the east, bibby wont help them :P
                  I couldn't view the image for some reason. What was it?

Comment

Originally posted by animal52 View Post
                    I couldn't view the image for some reason. What was it?
                    this

Comment

For some reason, the smilies don't sometimes. Any one know why?

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
                        For some reason, the smilies don't sometimes. Any one know why?
                        leave a space between words and smiles

Comment

I think this was a very good trade for the Hawks.... Picking Sheldon was dumb and a waste of a pick. Bibby is exactly what they needed. They needed a veteran pg to keep the young stars in line and run the team. The Hawks might finally be turning this joke of a franchise around
                          Check out my new site Today!
                          Live 4 The Story

Comment

How was Sheldon a bad pick? Weren't they last in the NBA the previous year in rebounds? This team needed some toughness I thought Sheldon was a great pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                              How was Sheldon a bad pick? Weren't they last in the NBA the previous year in rebounds? This team needed some toughness I thought Sheldon was a great pick.
                              Shelden was a good pick in 2006. The Hawks at that time had nothing except Joe Johnson and he was the best talent available.

Comment

Working...
                              X