Someone please do some research for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone please do some research for me

When was the last time a 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, or 15 seed won the NCAA tournament.

Thanks, I really appreciate it.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Villinova as a 8 seed was the lowest seed to ever win a tourney.

Comment

So why do we need 64 teams? Isn't the goal to find a champion? If seeds 9-16 have no chance (as they don't) then we can eliminate one round.

But wait, we can't do that because the automatic bids generate money from their conference championships. So it is about money why we have 64 teams n the tourney.

Good to know the BCS isn't alone. The first round is a total waste in the NCAA Basketball tournament. If you are objective (and hate the BCS) then I hope you see the light of how hypocritical this is.

Comment

Because almost ever year you have 9-14 seeds that make the sweet 16 even have someone like George Mason make it to the final 4. It's all about creating excitement and making money off betters.. For sure need to keep 64 teams as a non body could knock off a top ranked team that otherwise might have won the national championship
        Check out my new site Today!
        Live 4 The Story

Comment

There should be more teams in the tournament just for the excitement factor. Plus it would generate more TV time and more ad revenue. I don't care if those low seeds don't have a chance, it's still exciting to watch them compete and maybe an upset happens here and then. That's why the tournament esp the first few rounds are great to watch IMO.
          WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
          Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

The first round makes the brackets more fun lol!

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
              The first round makes the brackets more fun lol!
              LOL, yes. I am so screwed by the early rounds, since I had Duke and Georgetown in my Final 4.

Comment

i had conneticut in my final 4 and that messed mine up a long time ago lol
                Brett Favre in 2 years...sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jayhawk fan12 View Post
                  i had conneticut in my final 4 and that messed mine up a long time ago lol
                  Ouch. You should have entered our competition. You might have had a decent shot, considering that the person leading it right now (me) hardly ever watches college basketball.

Comment

64 tournament = more revenue

BCS = more revenue

Hmmm yes you guys are hypocrits

Comment

64 team tournament in the NCAAF even though a ridicious idea in terms of logistics, would equal more revenue than the current system. It would generate more excitement, more people watching, and more ad revenue.
                      WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                      Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Because every conference and every team deserves a CHANCE. George Mason was close 2 years ago. They knocked off a No. 1 seed, and if it wasn't for that powerhouse Florida team, they would have won it all.

In NCAAF they wouldn't have even qualified for a BCS Postseason Exhibition Match.
                        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Just look at No. 10 Davidson this year... everyone's rooting for them because they're such a huge underdog.
                          2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Working...
                          X