Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Davidson: A lesson to be learned for college football

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Davidson: A lesson to be learned for college football

    Davidson beat the best in the Big East, the best in the Big Ten and was two points short of beating the best in the Big 12.

    It's obvious that Davidson could have easily won the championship this year.

    With that in mind, college football should be humiliated that it doesn't give all its teams a shot. Maybe Boise State was the best team two years ago. We'll never know.

    Quite frankly, that's ridiculous. I'll never respect college football as a legitimate sport until it creates a tournament that includes every conference.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

    Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

  • #2
    Maybe Bob Stoops is a choker?

    Comment


    • #3
      if curry would have passed it sooner they would have won

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Walter View Post
        Davidson beat the best in the Big East, the best in the Big Ten and was two points short of beating the best in the Big 12.

        It's obvious that Davidson could have easily won the championship this year.

        With that in mind, college football should be humiliated that it doesn't give all its teams a shot. Maybe Boise State was the best team two years ago. We'll never know.

        Quite frankly, that's ridiculous. I'll never respect college football as a legitimate sport until it creates a tournament that includes every conference.
        if there was a playoff in college football it would lesser the value of each game....you have to play hard every game

        Comment


        • #5
          mother f----- I missed the game

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bulldog0123 View Post
            if there was a playoff in college football it would lesser the value of each game....you have to play hard every game
            So you're saying Boise State didn't try hard?
            2016 NFL Mock Draft

            Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

            Comment


            • #7
              Like really, what's more important: That each team tries hard in the REGULAR SEASON or that each (undefeated) team has a chance to win the championship?

              By college football keeping Boise St. out, the NCAA is telling them, "It doesn't matter that you went undefeated and tried hard every week."

              And if a team loses its first game they usually don't try too hard. See USC vs. Arizona after the Stanford loss. And I don't think USC tried too hard vs. Stanford.
              2016 NFL Mock Draft

              Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Walter View Post
                So you're saying Boise State didn't try hard?
                they did but...
                strength of schedule

                If there was a playoff then Michigan could go almost all the way...maybe...we definately know they dont deserve to have that chance...It should be who performs the best during the regular season

                Originally posted by Walter View Post
                So you're saying Boise State didn't try hard?
                what year?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Walter View Post
                  Like really, what's more important: That each team tries hard in the REGULAR SEASON or that each (undefeated) team has a chance to win the championship?

                  By college football keeping Boise St. out, the NCAA is telling them, "It doesn't matter that you went undefeated and tried hard every week."

                  And if a team loses its first game they usually don't try too hard. See USC vs. Arizona after the Stanford loss. And I don't think USC tried too hard vs. Stanford.
                  USC didnt get into the national championship

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Boise State was undefeated in 2006.

                    They beat Oklahoma.

                    They clobbered Oregon State.

                    They destroyed every team in their conference except for one.

                    And yet they didn't get a shot.
                    2016 NFL Mock Draft

                    Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by bulldog0123 View Post
                      USC didnt get into the national championship
                      Yeah but your argument is that teams try hard in the regular season. Think about it this way. Even if USC lost to Stanford, they still would have had to try hard to make the playoffs. BUT BECAUSE THEY WERE ELIMINATED FROM THE BCS BOWL, THEY DIDN'T TRY HARD.

                      So that argument doesn't work here.
                      2016 NFL Mock Draft

                      Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Walter View Post
                        Boise State was undefeated in 2006.

                        They beat Oklahoma.

                        They clobbered Oregon State.

                        They destroyed every team in their conference except for one.

                        And yet they didn't get a shot.
                        they got a chance in th BCS Bowl

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by bulldog0123 View Post
                          they got a chance in th BCS Bowl
                          They didn't get a chance to win the championship!
                          2016 NFL Mock Draft

                          Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Walter View Post
                            They didn't get a chance to win the championship!
                            they didnt play elite talent....OSU went undefeated against premeire teams and florida only lost one game against one of the toughest conference

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              OK so by your argument, Davidson shouldn't have been given a chance in the NCAA Tournament because their conference sucked, and Kansas/UCLA/UNC/etc. played in tougher conferences.
                              2016 NFL Mock Draft

                              Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X