Davidson: A lesson to be learned for college football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously though:

Why did Bob Stoops eat his cheerios on a plate?

He would have lost them if they were in a bowl.

Comment

Hey Walter if it is so likely as you said then why hasn't a 9-16 seed every won the NCAA tournament?

Because they aren't good enough and they never will.

Why don't we have a 256 team NCAA tournament? We will never know if a #212 seed will ever win the tournament.
      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Hey, all I'm asking is that every conference winner (assuming they have 8 or 9 wins at the least) gets a fair shot. Excuse me for being American and giving everyone an opportunity to succeed. I am not a Communist.
        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

I don't like the idea of taking out someone like Oregon in favor of Arkansas State. I think the only non-BCS teams I'd let from this year would be BYU and Hawaii.

Comment

Well, I'd say every conference winner gets in, provided the mid-major representative has 9+ wins
            2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Automatic bids are total bull****. I think conference tournaments are bull****.

Hey walter lol you think all these small schools can compete but when you talk you have no facts because you just think everyoen can win the NCAA title: YOU'RE WRONG.

Comment

LOL dude calm down, I just said Boise State deserves a chance if they're 12-0. Telling them they don't have a chance is bull****.

Bottom line: It's eerily communistic.

"Hey guys, you can try your hardest. You can go undefeated. Even if you're 12-0, you will not have a chance to win the championship."

In America, everyone has a chance. If you work hard and put in your hours, you can live in wealth. In Communist China, N. Korea and the old USSR, you could work 100 hours a week and still live in ****.

The NCAA is telling these poor kids from Boise St. no matter how hard they work, they won't be given an opportunity. That's complete horse ****, Matt, and you know it. You're just being stubborn.

Or at least I hope you know it - hope you're not a communist or anything lol
                2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Bowl Communism Series - I like the ring to that
                  2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

I think you are being stubborn because you think a school with marginal talent has the chance to WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP ... AND IT HASN'T HAPPENED BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE THE TALENT TO DO IT.

I mean walter yeah I would agree with you if any team won a Championship but it hasn't happened and it never will.

Hey what about your 5 unit Ohio State pick again? You know so much about Championships you put 5 units ona team that got ****ing smacked by the SEC - AGAIN.

If Walter was the NCAA commish we would have a 1284 team tournaments and involve even a few JV High school teams just to make sure we would have a champion. Because everyone deserves a chance we need to give everyone a chance hey this is america lol what a great argument.

Comment

I'll call my 5-unit Ohio State pick and raise your "Purdue in the Final Four prediction"

And yes, if being stubborn makes me a proponent of the American capitalist system and an enemy of the Communist party, then yes, call me "stubborn" all day.

A stubborn man will never admit that he's either wrong or stubborn.
                      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

I'm sorry if I go out on a limb and I have a rule that I don't pick more than 2 #1 seeds in the Final four because I don't like going all faves because that is too easy to predict...it is like picking favorites in every game I just don't like it.

But hey yeah I picked Purdue because I liked their three point shooting and scrappy defense...they were my sleeper I picked a sleeper sue me.

I mean when you make a 5 unit pick you are calling it a lock and I wouldn't have bet 5 units that Purdue was going to be in teh final 4.

We are getting off topic here ... if you think it is so likely that these mid majors can win the dance (WIN IT NOT ADVANCE FAR) then how come it has never happened before?

I'll tell you why:

1. They don't have the talent
                        2. They don't have the talent
                        3. They don't have the talent
                        4. They don't have the talent.

Now I'm not saying thye don't have the talent to not make the final 4 or win a BCS game like Boise State, but winning a championship is something entirely different...it is a huge step and if you think that a mid major can do it then you simply have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Comment

We got off-topic because you brought up something that didn't have to do with anything. Purdue in NCAABB doesn't have the talent either so why did you pick them?

Davidson was 2 points shy of knocking off a team that people have winning the whole thing. They beat the best team in the Big East. They beat the best team in the Big Ten. If that shot from Richards goes in, they're playing UNC... and UNC is going to be like -3 or -4 over Kansas, so it's not like they're invincible. They lost to Maryland at home for crying out loud.
                          2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

And btw, this is almost 2 mid-majors in the Final Four in the past 3 years. Mid-majors are getting really close because these other teams are so young.
                            2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

I thought Purdue had the talent or I wouldn't have picked them...I've been really impressed by them this year and I thougth they had more talent honestly than teams like Georgetown and Tennessee call me crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                                And btw, this is almost 2 mid-majors in the Final Four in the past 3 years. Mid-majors are getting really close because these other teams are so young.
                                Final 4 and Championship are 2 different things. I've mentioned this time and time again: the goal of a tournament is to find the WINNER not the Final 4/8/16/etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X