A-Rod Makes more than Marlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A-Rod Makes more than Marlins

I was reading this article on yahoo.com that says Alex Rodriguez makes more than the entire roster of the Florida Marlins, about $6 million more.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big...?urn=mlb,74571
    Check out my new site Today!
    Live 4 The Story

Yea I find that fing funny. There needs to be a rule were you have to spend so much money or something.

Comment

or there is a salary cap floor so the Marlins have to pay more money to compete in MLB. Cheap owner right there.
      WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
      Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

well that's about about what i make with my left nut, so i'm not impressed.

Comment

That's pretty crazy, it blew me away that last year the marlins were pretty good last year, even with players making MLB "minimum wage"

Comment

That shows you how cheap the Marlins are. Hanley Ramirez is their only proven player.

Comment

Thats why they suck. Go yanks
              Walter got PWN3D
              Rams GM

Picks
              2. Jake Long, OT, Michigan
              33.Cliff Avril, DE, Purdue
              65.Tom Zbikowski, S, Notre Dame
              101.Tavares Gooden, LB, Miami
              137.Dennis Dixon, QB, Oregon
              168.Maurice Purify-WR-Nebraska
              180.Justin Forsett-RB-Cal

Comment

was miguel cabrera not a good player for them last year, or dan uggla?

Comment

Originally posted by candyman82 View Post
                  Thats why they suck. Go yanks
                  Since 2001 the Marlins have won more WS than the Yanks, and spent by my own estimation at least a billion dollars less to do it.
                  www.5qsports.com, get some.
                  "Relax, all right? Don't try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic."
                  -Crash Davis, Bull Durham

Comment

Why haven't they gotten the Marlins out of Miami yet? Ridiculous they won't draw 4k a game this year. Think the Indians in "Major League" type attendence.
                    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                      Since 2001 the Marlins have won more WS than the Yanks, and spent by my own estimation at least a billion dollars less to do it.
                      Yet they can't draw fans...hmm? Who would you rather be a fan of?

Comment

Originally posted by vbsiena24 View Post
                        Yet they can't draw fans...hmm? Who would you rather be a fan of?
                        I'm loyal to my teams, but neither of these are my teams. If I had to choose, well, which is a better story?

For example, what are you a bigger fan of? the 300 men who held off giant armies in Sparta, or the Crusades?

I'm not a real fan of either, but if I had to choose, it would be the 300 men at Sparta. They were better tactically, and were fighting a better cause.

Larry Beinfest has done an amazing job re-tooling the Marlins every half decade, and so if I had to choose, I'd rather be a fan of the Marlins.

Because a team can't draw support doesn't mean they suck. The fanbase in Florida is terrible, I'd like to see them, and the Rays moved, contracted, or combine, but the fanbase of the Yankees has a lot people who have no legitimate reason to be a Yankee fan outside of being a frontrunner.
                        Last edited by Casey; 04-03-2008, 08:03 AM.
                        "Relax, all right? Don't try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic."

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                          I'm loyal to my teams, but neither of these are my teams. If I had to choose, well, which is a better story?

For example, what are you a bigger fan of? the 300 men who held off giant armies in Sparta, or the Crusades?

I'm not a real fan of either, but if I had to choose, it would be the 300 men at Sparta. They were better tactically, and were fighting a better cause.

Larry Beinfest has done an amazing job re-tooling the Marlins every half decade, and so if I had to choose, I'd rather be a fan of the Marlins.

Because a team can't draw support doesn't mean they suck. The fanbase in Florida is terrible, I'd like to see them, and the Rays moved, contracted, or combine, but the fanbase of the Yankees has a lot people who have no legitimate reason to be a Yankee fan outside of being a frontrunner.
                          Ouch my fanhood, lol.

Outside of choosing them over the Mets who my Dad tried to get me to root for when I was 5, the reason I really like to root for the Yankees is the fact that SO MANY people hate them. When I don't have a particular team I love to root for the team that pisses more people off when they win. If they are the favorites so be it.

That's a reason why I like Duke more than NC, because no one likes Duke but everyone loves NC

Comment

Lol, dude you're from New York. I'm not going to look down on you for liking the Yanks. Mets-Yanks is a tough decision, I'd lean towards the Mets myself, but I'm a David guy, while your clearly a Goliath guy if not just because of the area you grew up in. I like Duke more than UNC for the same reason. I'm not a Duke fan, but Coach K is one of the most amazing coaches in all of sports.

Understand I live in Seattle, and there is no Goliath out here.

Comment

Think if Florida Marlins moved to a different city within Florida they could have a better shot or is all just old retired people and tourists?
                              Check out my new site Today!
                              Live 4 The Story

Comment

Working...
                              X