Question for Casey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Casey

What do you think the Reds could get for Adam Dunn, provided he be traded to an AL team, that could use him as a DH?

Thanks
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Just thought I would add in a tidbit that Dunn is on the top 25 highest paid players in the league list. Would not have guessed that. He either strikes out or hits a bomb.
    Check out my new site Today!
    Live 4 The Story

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Maciasz View Post
      Just thought I would add in a tidbit that Dunn is on the top 25 highest paid players in the league list. Would not have guessed that. He either strikes out or hits a bomb.
      Not true but point taken.

The reds need some outfielders, we were the team with the best outfielding in the league last year and with Dunn and Griffey being gone by next season the only guy were gonna have out there is Jay Bruce.
      Im not a Cleveland Cavaliers fan....No, I'm a LeBron James fan.

Comment

Also would like a couple pitchers
        Im not a Cleveland Cavaliers fan....No, I'm a LeBron James fan.

Comment

Matt-

I would think you could get equal to what the Rangers gave up for Josh Hamilton. If you look at the 2007 stats, they are fairly close. Believe it or not, Hamilton had a higher batting average, but his OBP was lower. Dunn also had about 200 more at-bats than Hamilton. For a guy who is known in Cincy for either striking out or hitting a homer, I was suprised with his OBP.

Comment

Dunn's defense is garbage too. I just want to pick up a nice two or three prospects for him.

Comment

My brother said they offered Dunn but the Rangers wanted only Josh

Comment

Dunn looked all world against the tribe last weekend out in left field.

Comment

First, I'm sorry for not responding sooner, I've had a crazy schedule lately.

I'm doing a radio show right now so I don't have my prospect books with me, but I'll try to give you an idea now and try to get you a more extesnive response by tomorrow night.

I think the teams that would be interested in him are:
                  Boston- Especially with David Ortiz recent injury. However, Dunn is an excellent fit for what Boston likes in a hitter. Boston would probably be a favorable location for Dunn, they'd extend his contract because their philosophy realizes his value, his numbers would probably get better considering the protection in the lineup, and the short leftfield fence.

Toronto- Lyle Overbay is a decent 1b, cut from the mold of Mark Grace as a hitter, but Dunn could propel the Jays into contention in the East.

New York Yankees- He's makes alot of money, and he has a big bat.

Anaheim- Casey Kotchman has hit well this year, but the team doesn't have a real option at DH since Guerrero wants to play in the field.

Texas- Still trying to replace Mark Teixera, Dunn is a better power hit than Teix, and walks a ton. The Rangers may look to move Saltalamacchia to 1b, but would be better off with Dunn there IMO.

Detroit- Between Curtis Granderson, Magglio Ordonez, Gary Sheffield, Jacque Jones, and Miguel Cabrera, the Tigers have OF-1b-DH covered, but Dunn could bump Jones from the lineup.

and now for the compensation.

I think compensation will depend on when and to whom Dunn is traded. If he is moved soon, I think the Red Sox would consider giving up a decent prospect or two if the trade was paired with a reasonable extension. Otherwise, I think Reds fans will be pretty disappointed in what they get for Dunn. Possibly a mid-level pitching prospect and a veteran reliever. Unfortunately, Dunn will wear the "rent-a-player" label.

Until I can look at prospects I'll just say I'd look for the eqivalent to maybe...

Javier Lopez and Kris Johnson from the Red Sox, without an extension. Or even perhaps a deal like Coco Crisp straight across if things got really bad.
                  www.5qsports.com, get some.
                  "Relax, all right? Don't try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic."
                  -Crash Davis, Bull Durham

Comment

What radio show were you doing?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                      What radio show were you doing?
                      Just an overnight music shift on my college's station. When they hire a new program director... should be tomorrow, I'm going to start a proposal for a sports show. I'll be requesting your services come draft time.
                      "Relax, all right? Don't try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic."

Comment

It is like an emo rock station though, so we'll see if it comes about. I just got hired as my newspaper's editor-in-chief... so I've been busy.

Comment

Working...
                        X