LeBron needs help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LeBron needs help.

If the cavs dont make a blockbuster trade to bring in someone big to help james out. (Preferably Carmello Anthony) dont expect the superstar to return to cleveland once his contract is up.
    Im not a Cleveland Cavaliers fan....No, I'm a LeBron James fan.

Carmello? Didn't you learn its fun to watch but doesn't win championships by stacking on All-Stars... Allen and Melo are a great combination but won't ever win a championship. You need to suround him with an all-star point guard. and if you got an upgrade at the 4 to compliment big Z you should be fine now with Wally and West helping you guys out
    Check out my new site Today!
    Live 4 The Story

Comment

Cleveland just needs another person that can score double didgets consistently, Stacking NBA stars has worked in some cases (see boston celtics) and Melo and James play great together , like in the rookie game and on the olympic team. I am not arguing that we need a good point guar because we do im just saying for this team to make it over the hump they need another scorer. And who would be that great point guard to help him? I can't think of anyone except for maybe Marbury from the Nicks that would be available.
      Last edited by GridIron NUt; 05-21-2008, 11:29 AM.

Comment

In my opinion, they need an athletic big man, like a David West type, who can shoot midrange and take it to the rim off the pick and roll. If not that, then a solid point guard who can shoot midrange, like a Kirk Hinrich or someone that won't allow teams to just triple-team LeBron. They just don't have anyone who can create offense other than LeBron and that really hurts them when teams lock down on him.
        Cowboys Mock GM

Bring that title back to Big D!

Comment

The Bulls struggled mightily until the first year Pippen cracked the starting five, and didn't win a championship until Pippen's second year starting. The Cavs have done better than that, reaching the finals without a player of Pippen's caliber playing alongside LeBron, as I'm sure you would all agree. He's only 23 years old so his career is mostly ahead of him, but if I were him, I would be pushing the front office to get some help, quietly.
          Cowboys Mock GM

Comment

Originally posted by dweaver44 View Post
            In my opinion, they need an athletic big man, like a David West type, who can shoot midrange and take it to the rim off the pick and roll. If not that, then a solid point guard who can shoot midrange, like a Kirk Hinrich or someone that won't allow teams to just triple-team LeBron. They just don't have anyone who can create offense other than LeBron and that really hurts them when teams lock down on him.
            Hinrich is not a player we need.

Comment

Originally posted by GridIron NUt View Post
              Hinrich is not a player we need.
              I know he's struggled lately, I meant a point guard with some offense or at least a midrange game. A Chauncey Billups type player, or someone like that. Kobe has Odom and Gasol, and some good complimentary players, and when it came time for the Spurs to stop him, he tore them apart with getting to the rim and also dishing to Gasol. I guess the Cavs just need someone, anyone!
              Cowboys Mock GM

Comment

The Cavs are in a tough position. Lebron is good enough to get them to the brink every year, but at the same time, they end up with a bottom 5 draft pick. I think that Cleveland is fairly convinced that LeBron is going to head to Jersey (or Brooklyn) to play for his buddy Jay-Z's Nets in a few years, so it just isn't worth it for them to spend the money in free agency. LeBron will most likely go without a real supporting cast for the next few seasons, then leave for greener pastures in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluto View Post
                  The Cavs are in a tough position. Lebron is good enough to get them to the brink every year, but at the same time, they end up with a bottom 5 draft pick. I think that Cleveland is fairly convinced that LeBron is going to head to Jersey (or Brooklyn) to play for his buddy Jay-Z's Nets in a few years, so it just isn't worth it for them to spend the money in free agency. LeBron will most likely go without a real supporting cast for the next few seasons, then leave for greener pastures in 2010.
                  If thats true then we might as well trade him.

Comment

Originally posted by GridIron NUt View Post
                    If thats true then we might as well trade him.
                    And then the fans will tear down the arena

Comment

His home town is in Ohio though isn't it? Why wouldn't they try everything in their power to keep him there Forever!
                      Check out my new site Today!
                      Live 4 The Story

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Maciasz View Post
                        His home town is in Ohio though isn't it? Why wouldn't they try everything in their power to keep him there Forever!
                        Exactly, If they were doingwhat Bluto said then they might was well trade him, there is no way they let him go without putting up a fight, which means surrounding james with some players.

Comment

If im correct i think Baron Davis is a FA after this year which would be a great pickup

Comment

I think they've tried, with all the trades they've made for guys like Delonte West, Wallace, Szczerbiak, etc. They just need to stop trading for scrubs and get a real threat beside him. Look at what the Lakers did, bringing in Odom, Gasol.. using their draft picks for guys like Bynum, Farmar, etc. The Cleveland front office is trying, they're just inept.
                            Cowboys Mock GM

Comment

Let's keep things in perspective. The Cavs went to the Finals last year and were eliminated in 7 by the team with the best record this year. Wanting the championship is obvious but the team is one of the best in the league....mostly because of Lebron.

Comment

Working...
                              X