Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 2008 NBA Mock Draft 5.24

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My 2008 NBA Mock Draft 5.24

    1) Chicago Bulls -- Derrick Rose PG Memphis

    2) Miami Heat -- Michael Beasley PF Kansas St.

    3) Minnesota T-Wolves -- OJ Mayo PG/SG USC

    4) Seattle SuperSonics -- Jerryd Bayless PG Arizona

    5) Memphis Grizzlies -- Eric Gordon SG Indiana

    6) New York Knicks -- Anthony Randolph PF LSU

    7) Los Angeles Clippers -- Russell Westbrook PG UCLA

    8) Milwaukee Bucks -- Danilo Gallinari SF Italy

    9) Charlotte Bobcats -- Kevin Love PF/C UCLA

    10) New Jersey Nets -- Brook Lopez C Stanford

    11) Indiana Pacers -- D.J. Augustin PG Texas

    12) Sacramento Kings -- Darrell Arthur PF Kansas

    13) Portland Trail Blzers -- Donte Greene SF Syracuse

    14) Golden State Warriors -- DeAndre Jordan C Texas A&M

    15) Phoenix Suns -- Joe Alexander SF West Virginia

    16) Philadelphia 76ers -- Marreese Speights C Florida

    17) Toronto Raptors -- JaVale McGee C Nevada

    18) Washington Wizards -- Robin Lopez C Stanford

    19) Cleveland Cavaliers -- Kosta Koufos C Ohio St.

    20) Denver Nuggets -- Ty Lawson PG North Carolina

    21) New Jersey Nets -- Chris Douglas-Roberts SG Memphis

    22) Orlando Magic -- Brandon Rush SG/SF Kansas

    23) Utah Jazz -- Roy Hibbert C Georgetown

    24) Seattle Super Sonics -- Nathan Jawai PF Australia

    25) Houston Rockets -- Serge Ibaka PF Congo

    26) San Antonio Spurs -- Nicolas Batum SF France

    27) New Orleans Hornets -- Bill Walker SF Kansas St.

    28) Memphis Grizzlies -- J. J. Hickson PF NC St.

    29) Detroit Pistons -- Chase Budinger SG Arizona

    30) Boston Celtics -- Ante Tomic C Croatia

  • #2
    Why would the Pistons draft Budinger? They just drafted Afflalo and Stuckey last year.

    The Nets pick makes no sense to me. They have their needs filled in the front court. They just drafted Sean Williams and they have Boone and Diop as well. Bigger needs are at SF and SG.

    Love the pick of Donte Green to the TrailBlazers. They need a slasher, but I'd like to see them add depth in the front court in the first round.

    Great mock overall thought.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

    Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
      Why would the Pistons draft Budinger? They just drafted Afflalo and Stuckey last year.

      The Nets pick makes no sense to me. They have their needs filled in the front court. They just drafted Sean Williams and they have Boone and Diop as well. Bigger needs are at SF and SG.

      Love the pick of Donte Green to the TrailBlazers. They need a slasher, but I'd like to see them add depth in the front court in the first round.

      Great mock overall thought.
      Buddinger can play SG and SF. I really like him there.

      Kristic and Diop are leaving this off-season via free agency. I'm very high on Sean Williams but do not like Boone at all. If Brook Lopez actually falls that far I'll be suprised. And I agree that SG and SF are their main needs but so is a dominant center and I think B. Lopez has the potential to be one. And if the draft plays out like I think it will, CDR will be available at their second pick.

      As a Jazz fan, I will hate Donte' Greene going to the Blazers, I think he should go higher but if he falls, their gonna have them selves one of the better starting line-ups and will contend with the Jazz for the Northwest title.

      C- Oden
      PF- Aldridge
      SF- Greene
      SG- Webster
      PG- Roy (I think he'll play there)

      Comment


      • #4
        Awww man... does Toronto have to take JaVale McGee?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
          Awww man... does Toronto have to take JaVale McGee?
          I take it you like him a lot?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by fivas14 View Post
            Buddinger can play SG and SF. I really like him there.

            As a Jazz fan, I will hate Donte' Greene going to the Blazers, I think he should go higher but if he falls, their gonna have them selves one of the better starting line-ups and will contend with the Jazz for the Northwest title.

            C- Oden
            PF- Aldridge
            SF- Greene
            SG- Webster
            PG- Roy (I think he'll play there)
            Well maybe Budinger can be an offense force at SF, I think you are onto something. 29 is certainly great value for him, but I think the Pistons need to get a legit backup center. I just think they need to get more size and toughness at that position.

            Wouldn't be surprised if they traded their first round pick when it is all said and done, or make a trade up in the trade to acquire a big time SF or C both for depth.

            I wouldn't be against the Budinger pick, but Detroit is very stacked in its backcourt. Maxiel is great for depth and should eventually start at the 4. But behind Tayshaun Prince there isn't much and at backup center Amir Johnson hasn't proven himself. Hermann will never do anything.

            I think the Portland lineup would be better with Blake at PG, Roy at SG, then use Webster for depth.
            2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

            Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

            Comment


            • #7
              If DeAndre Jordan falls out of the top 10 I'll piss my pants

              Comment


              • #8
                promise?
                2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

                Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                  Well maybe Budinger can be an offense force at SF, I think you are onto something. 29 is certainly great value for him, but I think the Pistons need to get a legit backup center. I just think they need to get more size and toughness at that position.

                  Wouldn't be surprised if they traded their first round pick when it is all said and done, or make a trade up in the trade to acquire a big time SF or C both for depth.

                  I wouldn't be against the Budinger pick, but Detroit is very stacked in its backcourt. Maxiel is great for depth and should eventually start at the 4. But behind Tayshaun Prince there isn't much and at backup center Amir Johnson hasn't proven himself. Hermann will never do anything.

                  I think the Portland lineup would be better with Blake at PG, Roy at SG, then use Webster for depth.
                  I think they'll trade that pick also, but if they don't, I expect them to take the BPA and IMO that will be Budinger. He'd be a solid bench player and good contribution off the bench. I could see them taking Jawai or Tomic there also. Jawai IMO is by far the most underated prospect and the most atheletic big man. He rebounds like Dwight and plays the inside like Shaq of his Magic's days. I'd prefer the Jazz to take him over Hibbert.

                  And you're probably right about the blazers line-up

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by fivas14 View Post
                    I think they'll trade that pick also, but if they don't, I expect them to take the BPA and IMO that will be Budinger. He'd be a solid bench player and good contribution off the bench. I could see them taking Jawai or Tomic there also. Jawai IMO is by far the most underated prospect and the most atheletic big man. He rebounds like Dwight and plays the inside like Shaq of his Magic's days. I'd prefer the Jazz to take him over Hibbert.
                    How many games have you seen Jawai play?
                    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

                    Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by bills_red View Post
                      If DeAndre Jordan falls out of the top 10 I'll piss my pants
                      Be prepared, he's the Vernon Gholston of the NBA Draft (in terms of being overated)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                        How many games have you seen Jawai play?
                        1. The NBL All-Star game. The guy was ''beasting it up''. And I know you don't base your oppinons off one game or one highlight but what I saw in that 1 game had my mind hooked.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Here's the NBL All-Star game of Jawai...

                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=LX42AEpO-EY

                          24 pts and 12 rebs

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Great Bulls pick

                            I'm pretty sure Brook Lopez will not get past Memphis...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              And if he gets past Memphis with Eric Gordon off the board, then the Knicks will take him.
                              2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

                              Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X