Any NHL Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any NHL Fans

I'm not a big hockey guy but watched the game last night and it was amazing. I will have to watch the rest of the Stanley Cup Finals as the matchup between Detroit and Pitt is amazing. The Red Wings seem like a much stronger team but I'm rooting for the Penguins
    Check out my new site Today!
    Live 4 The Story

Another great game last night. The final 2 minutes were crazy! Thought the Penguins might find a way to go to OT again but they fell short. Congrats to the Red Wings
    Live 4 The Story

Comment

Ya I watched all the games (since I'm from Pittsburgh) and cheered for the Pens. We fell short, but I'm pretty sure we'll win a cup this decade. So much youth and talent on our team.

The triple OT game was amazing, and last night went down to the last 0.1 second.

Comment

Unfortunately, it's gonna be tough for the Pens to win because they're a team that is built around young starpower and the types of players who are gonna command big money. Posting on a message board can't convey my tone, but trust i said the above in a frustrated one. To an extent I enjoy the parity that the salary cap institutes but it's also the death of the dynasty and it sucks how a young exciting team like Pitt will have to give up one or two key guys in the next few seasons to fit under the cap which seems unfair because with the exception of Hossa it's all drafted talent.
        Lord Commander of Walter's Kingsguard
        The Frogfather - I'm young, I'm handsome, I'm fast, I'm pretty and can't possibly be beat
        THE WALTAHOLICS - "I'm kind of a maverick and just don't give a shoot."
        THE ANDREA McNULTY GANGBANG - "You come at the king, you best not miss."

There are no men like me. There's only me.

I may be a woman beater, but I ain't no pussy eater.

Sweeter than a jumper on a gay Ray Allen.

NFC East Champion New York Football Giants

Comment

I think with Malkin, Crosby, Flurry, and some role players the Pens will be at least a playoff team.

Comment

No doubt but the chances are high that they will lose Malkin in the next couple seasons. Right now they are sickeningly deep and young down the middle with Sid, Geno and Staal, but realistically they can only keep one of the big 2 and Staal. Sid is a marketing dream and has a relatively low cap hit at 8.7 mil so Malkin is the obvious choice to be traded, especially if these hints that Hossa is gonna be re-signed. I'm surprised to hear that hometown boy Malone is likely on his way out, being a Canucks fan though I'd love to land him and plug him in next to the Sedin twins. I might be wrong but i'm fairly certain that Malkin and Fleury are still on their entry contracts, and with Fleury & Hossa's awesome postseason and Geno's massive regular season there is going to be some huge contracts signed.
            Last edited by McNulty; 06-05-2008, 05:10 PM.
            Lord Commander of Walter's Kingsguard
            The Frogfather - I'm young, I'm handsome, I'm fast, I'm pretty and can't possibly be beat
            THE WALTAHOLICS - "I'm kind of a maverick and just don't give a shoot."
            THE ANDREA McNULTY GANGBANG - "You come at the king, you best not miss."

There are no men like me. There's only me.

I may be a woman beater, but I ain't no pussy eater.

Sweeter than a jumper on a gay Ray Allen.

NFC East Champion New York Football Giants

Comment

I think Malkin will stay, but maybe that's wishful thinking. You're right about them being on their entry contracts still.

Comment

NHL over but NBA starts just in time Celtics vs. Lakers!
                Live 4 The Story

Comment

Working...
                X