Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mendenhall rips former coach Zook

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotr...d-mendenh.html

Wow, Mendenhall has lost alot of credibility in my book. He was my favorite player in college and I wanted him to to do well in the NFL but I can't stand players ripping there former coaches. Especially when he was the one that put you in a system to be a first round draft pick. I don't know why Rashard was so disgruntled. I won't look at Rashard the same way until I hear the reason behind it.
    Last edited by IlliniVikeFan23; 06-17-2008, 01:59 AM.

I've been telling everyone for a while that Zook was overrated. How could he mess up at Florida? That team was loaded. Now Illinois is just winning on talent alone.

Mendenhall gets credibility in my book. I for one, appreciate honesty.

Illini, you don't know how it works. The locker room doesn't come into the public view, and it shouldn't either. Maybe Zook rubs players the wrong way. He was labeled as a softee coach in Florida that let his players sag. Maybe Mendenhall is a leader and wanted to be pushed harder. He could have seen bias in coaching. He might not have respect for his XsOs knowledge.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
      I've been telling everyone for a while that Zook was overrated. How could he mess up at Florida? That team was loaded. Now Illinois is just winning on talent alone.

Mendenhall gets credibility in my book. I for one, appreciate honesty.

Illini, you don't know how it works. The locker room doesn't come into the public view, and it shouldn't either. Maybe Zook rubs players the wrong way. He was labeled as a softee coach in Florida that let his players sag. Maybe Mendenhall is a leader and wanted to be pushed harder. He could have seen bias in coaching. He might not have respect for his XsOs knowledge.
      Zook is not overrated. He singled handedly has turned this program around by his great recruiting. There must be a reason players want to play for him...

I haven't heard anything bad about Zook from other players. J Leman said he loved him.

I think Mendenhall is just upset about the way Zook treated his brother Walter who sucked. He probably wanted his bro to get playing time but he got none at all.

Mendenhall just seems like a headcase to me. It's not a good sign when someone is willing to walk away from the game. That may be the reason he fell in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
        Zook is not overrated. He singled handedly has turned this program around by his great recruiting. There must be a reason players want to play for him...

I haven't heard anything bad about Zook from other players. J Leman said he loved him.

I think Mendenhall is just upset about the way Zook treated his brother Walter who sucked. He probably wanted his bro to get playing time but he got none at all.

Mendenhall just seems like a headcase to me. It's not a good sign when someone is willing to walk away from the game. That may be the reason he fell in the draft.
        LOL you're such a fan. Let me tell you what's its called: demand. CArolina wanted a power runner in Stewart. Arizona had a bigger need at CB. Teams had bigger needs. Runningbacks are a dime a dozen. That's why Mendenhall fell.

Ron Zook is the best recruiter in college football---my opinion. I've always thought that.

I also think that pure talent is what won for Illinois last year. They play their best game against Ohio State...peaked at the right time.

Zook was scared to throw against USC and it lost them teh game because they were too conservative in the rose bowl.

He didn't get the potential out of his players at Florida. That's a fact. How many #1 recruiting classes do you need to win football games? Ridiculous.

I'm sure Mendenhall's bro had a lot to do with how he feels about Zook...but maybe he has a right to feel that way if Zook was a punk....maybe Rashard saw his true colors.

So do you always have to like your head coach? Am I supposed to love my boss just because I work for her (she's a ***** btw)? Just because you play for the coach, doesn't mean you have to like him.
        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Mendenhall obviously isn't the most unbiased person to ask about Zook, but for all we know, Zook could be as effective of a game planner as Herm Edwards.
          - Also known as Dan.
          - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Either way the man knows how to recruit, and the Illini football team needs Zook they have been bad for so many years now
            Check out my new site Today!
            Live 4 The Story

Comment

Working...
            X