Michael Beasley measurement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Beasley measurement

He is not 6'10 as posted by Kansas State.

He is actually 6'8 1/4.

That is why when I look at prospects in my mind I always take one inch off.

Anyways that takes him out of PF contention in the NBA. Probably strictly a SF.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Okay. I'm getting a sense of deja vu here. Did we have this argument before and you predicted that Beasley would be shorter than 6'10"?
    - Also known as Dan.
    - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

I don't remember, but I'm not surprised.

Comment

There have been PF's that were succesfull at that height. Charles Barkley was only 6'6" and is one of the greatest to ever play. David West and Carlos Boozer are examples of people who play now.

Comment

Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
          There have been PF's that were succesfull at that height. Charles Barkley was only 6'6" and is one of the greatest to ever play. David West and Carlos Boozer are examples of people who play now.
          Beasley isn't a great defensive player though. That's my main concern with his ability to play the 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
            Beasley isn't a great defensive player though. That's my main concern with his ability to play the 4.

Right, he won't be a great defender if he plays the 3 either. I look at Beasley as more of a Carmelo Anthony type. Anthony plays a little bit of 3 and 4 but mostly 3.

Comment

Who cares how tall he is? Have you seen him play? A guy with his rebounding skill is gonna be able to play the 4 even though he is only 6'8. Anyways only about a 1/4th of the NBA plays defense in the regular season anyways

Comment

He will geat a little stronger and be a very good 4 in the NBA for the Bulls
                Check out my new site Today!
                Live 4 The Story

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Maciasz View Post
                  He will geat a little stronger and be a very good 4 in the NBA for the Bulls
                  You would rather have Beasley over Rose? Why?

Comment

West and Boozer are both 6'9 with shoes..thats what they measured in at there draft workouts...about 3/4IN bigger then beasley

Comment

Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
                      You would rather have Beasley over Rose? Why?
                      All this love for Rose only developed after the tourney. I'll take the guy that produced all year over the guy who only did it a short while.

Comment

Boozer's not good on defense either.

Beasley will be better as a SF anyways.

Comment

You have to take Beasley if they cant get a point somewhere else. They have to trick someone into taking Kirk off thier hands, and/or steal one of the grizz points.

Or take Rose and try to get Brand? has he opted out of his contract yet, or would we have to trade for him?
                          Bears offseason wish list:

Jay Cutler, I am good, for now.

Comment

I would trade Heinrich to get back into the first round and draft another prospect if I were the Bulls.

Comment

I would trade Heinrich to get back into the first round and draft another prospect if I were the Bulls.
                              Exacty it would clear out alot of cap room. Portand at #13 would be an ideal spot...

If not, I would like to package Hinrich in with other players for someone like Marcus Camby or Elton Brand.

Comment

Working...
                              X