Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I called it - Rose a near lock right now to Chicago

http://www.miamiherald.com/594/story/576273.html

It appears Rose won't be visiting Miami for a workout ... connect the dots and I think you have Chicago telling Rose they will take him #1 overall provided he doesn't tear his ACL between now and then.

Anyways, months ago everyone was saying Beasley was the #1 consensus, I went with Rose. He proved me right and stepped up under the lights of the Final 4.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

When did you call it?

Comment

No golf clap for Matt yet. Let's wait until the actual draft first. This could be a ruse on Chicago's part.
      - Also known as Dan.
      - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by fivas14 View Post
        When did you call it?
        My first NBA mock back on January 14.

My top 5 were:

1. Rose
        2. Beasley
        3. Gordon
        4. Mayo
        5. Green (I think)

That's pretty solid. Mayo should be a top 5 pick. Gordon should be a top 10 pick. Green should be lottery.

Comment

I'll be getting a Rose jersey shortly NICE!!
          Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post

My top 5 were:

1. Rose
            2. Beasley
            3. Gordon
            4. Mayo
            5. Green (I think)

That's pretty solid. Mayo should be a top 5 pick. Gordon should be a top 10 pick. Green should be lottery.
            oh nice.

Mayo will be a top 4 pick, wont get past Seattle.

Gordon is underated IMO, he has a bad shot selection, but taht's fixable.

Green will probably be taken around 15-23

Comment

Yeah I agree...I think Gordon is the 3rd best player in the draft.

Comment

My top 5 were:

1. Rose
                2. Beasley
                3. Gordon
                4. Mayo
                5. Green (I think)

I didn't do a mock until last month or so but I thought Rose would be the top pick also.

Gordon could be in for an unexpected plummit according to some sources.(Chad Ford and Draftexpress.com) Don't be surprised when your Clippers take Westbrook over him.

The highest Greene will go IMO is #17 to the Raptors...If that

Comment

Huh? You must not have watched him late last season. He was absolutely horrible.

I have a grudge against him since he blew off Illinois to go to Indiana.

Comment

Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
                    Huh? You must not have watched him late last season. He was absolutely horrible.

I have a grudge against him since he blew off Illinois to go to Indiana.
                    Yeah I know his play did fall off towards the end of the season, but Mayo wasn't that great in the first part of the season either.

Gordon has a very good shot, excellent scoring ability, and I think he is the fastest player in the draft. Great vertical.

I think he's really fun to watch. Plus he was a freshman. Only 19-20 years old. I think if he returned to IU next year he would be dominant game in game out.

Comment

Yeah I know his play did fall off towards the end of the season, but Mayo wasn't that great in the first part of the season either.

Gordon has a very good shot, excellent scoring ability, and I think he is the fastest player in the draft. Great vertical.

I think he's really fun to watch. Plus he was a freshman. Only 19-20 years old. I think if he returned to IU next year he would be dominant game in game out.

Very inconsistant shot, pretty good defender, can get to the basket pretty well. I look at him as maybe an Ben Gordon type.

I'm pretty sure Derrick Rose is faster than Gordon. Rose could be the fastest player in the NBA once he gets there.

Mayo is my #3 player.

Comment

Very inconsistant shot, pretty good defender, can get to the basket pretty well. I look at him as maybe an Ben Gordon type.

I'm pretty sure Derrick Rose is faster than Gordon. Rose could be the fastest player in the NBA once he gets there.

Mayo is my #3 player.
                        Well I guess we both disagree then. I'm not a bball expert and I will always rely on Chad Ford for help:

Similarities: A bigger, better version of Ben Gordon

Positives: Do-it-all combo guard. Big-time range on his jump shot. Eric Gordon
                        Gordon showed he could be an explosive scorer at Indiana. Great shooting off the dribble.
                        Excellent finisher at the basket. Great speed. Excellent athlete with explosive leaping ability. Good handle. NBA body. Excellent basketball IQ. Hard worker. Good, physical defender.

Negatives: He's an undersized 2-guard. Indiana tried him a little at the point, but it's clear his skills are in the scoring department. His handle is a little questionable, as are his shot selection and floor vision. His poor assist-to-turnover ratio doesn't lie here. He hurt his wrist in January and his 3-point shooting percentage plummeted right after that.

Summary: Coming into the season, many scouts felt that Gordon was as talented as O.J. Mayo and Derrick Rose -- he just didn't generate quite the hype. As a freshman at Indiana, he lived up to the high expectations as an explosive scorer and excellent defender for most of the season. He struggled in February and March with his shot thanks to a wrist injury and the departure of head coach Kelvin Sampson. However, his stock is still high among NBA GMs. On the right team, he can be a superstar. Right now he looks like a likely Top 10 pick.

He shot 33% from 3Pt land (ford said it went down due to injury) and 43% from the floor. Those numbers can improve in the NBA, not like they havne't before (Michael Redd).

Comment

Well I guess we both disagree then. I'm not a bball expert and I will always rely on Chad Ford for help:

Similarities: A bigger, better version of Ben Gordon

Positives: Do-it-all combo guard. Big-time range on his jump shot. Eric Gordon
                          Gordon showed he could be an explosive scorer at Indiana. Great shooting off the dribble.
                          Excellent finisher at the basket. Great speed. Excellent athlete with explosive leaping ability. Good handle. NBA body. Excellent basketball IQ. Hard worker. Good, physical defender.

Negatives: He's an undersized 2-guard. Indiana tried him a little at the point, but it's clear his skills are in the scoring department. His handle is a little questionable, as are his shot selection and floor vision. His poor assist-to-turnover ratio doesn't lie here. He hurt his wrist in January and his 3-point shooting percentage plummeted right after that.

Summary: Coming into the season, many scouts felt that Gordon was as talented as O.J. Mayo and Derrick Rose -- he just didn't generate quite the hype. As a freshman at Indiana, he lived up to the high expectations as an explosive scorer and excellent defender for most of the season. He struggled in February and March with his shot thanks to a wrist injury and the departure of head coach Kelvin Sampson. However, his stock is still high among NBA GMs. On the right team, he can be a superstar. Right now he looks like a likely Top 10 pick.

He shot 33% from 3Pt land (ford said it went down due to injury) and 43% from the floor. Those numbers can improve in the NBA, not like they havne't before (Michael Redd).
                          Damn, I wish I had ESPN insider to see all those scouting reports. Is it worth the money you pay for it?

I see Ford has Westbrook rated higher than Gordon and if NY doesn't take Westbrook the Clippers might over Gordon

Quote from DraftExpress:

"There is some talk that Russell Westbrook (who is working out, as expected, extremely well) could find a way to sneak up and get drafted as high as 6th or 7th, as long as Mayo and Bayless are already off the board at that point. That could knock Eric Gordon down a few slots lower than he’s probably expecting at this point."

Comment

Agreed there.

My top 10:
                            1) M. Beasley
                            2) D. Rose
                            3) E. Gordon
                            4) O. Mayo
                            5) J. Bayless
                            6) A. Randolph
                            7) K. Love
                            8) R. Westbrook
                            9) D. Gallinari
                            10) B. Rush (The most underated player going into the draft and one of the most NBA ready player in the draft)

Comment

Damn, I wish I had ESPN insider to see all those scouting reports. Is it worth the money you pay for it?
                              I got the 3 year subsciption with subscription to ESPN the Magazine also for like $80. Baller deal.

Not sure what the price is for insider now, but if you get it, get it for long term so you get the cheapest price.

Comment

Working...
                              X