Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jefferson traded to Bucks

Link to come

The Milwaukee Bucks have agreed in principle to trade Yi Jianlian to the New Jersey Nets for Richard Jefferson, two league sources told SI.com.

The Bucks also are sending Bobby Simmons to the Nets. He has $20.5 million left on a contract that expires in the summer of 2010, when LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh could become free agents.

This trade could be seen as a sign that the Nets truly are interested in getting involved in the LeBron sweepstakes, based in no small part on his close friendship with Nets minority owner Jay-Z. As a result of this trade, the Nets are no longer committed to paying Jefferson $15 million in 2010-11.

Yi's camp was said to be ecstatic about going to the rebuilding Nets and playing in a major market, which was one of the original concerns when he was drafted by the Bucks last year. Yi threatened to not sign with Milwaukee in hopes of forcing a trade to another team.

The Bucks, meanwhile, are providing new coach Scott Skiles with a veteran player who can help him win now. The Bucks also retain their No. 8 pick in the draft to further revamp their team. The Nets hold the No. 10 pick in the draft.

DEVELOPING STORY

Comment

Here's the link I saw it on ESPN
      http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ory?id=3462210
      Check out my new site Today!
      Live 4 The Story

Comment

Great move for Jinlian! 2010: PG- Marcus Williams SG- Devin Harris SF- LeBron James PF- Jinlian C- Sean Williams. Brooklyns in the house uhhhh!!!!

Comment

Why is everyone so sure that Lebron will go to the Knicks or Nets in 2010. He loves the Bronx and Jayz but won't the Cavs do everything humanly possible to keep Labron in his hometown?
          Live 4 The Story

Comment

I think this move was more for the Bucks to tell u the truth. Watch out for a trade to move Redd to the Cavs so Lebronski will have another scoring threat. They need to win a championship within next 2 years to keep him happy
            Live 4 The Story

Comment

LeBron 2 Da Bulls!!!!

Comment

Because LeBron hearts Jay-Z and Jay-Z hearts LeBron. He'll do everything humanly possible. 2010 Album: American Gangster II: Jay-Z (O G) feat. LeBron James (Lower Case g).

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Maciasz View Post
                  I think this move was more for the Bucks to tell u the truth. Watch out for a trade to move Redd to the Cavs so Lebronski will have another scoring threat. They need to win a championship within next 2 years to keep him happy
                  I agree but who would they give up? They have nobody. Maybe Gibson but Redd is more valuable than him.

Comment

Do that Cavs really want someone who has a max-contract but doesn't really deserve that much?
                    And now for something completely different

Comment

Looks like Jefferson is now happy or acting happy to be in Milwaukee after being very suprised and disappointed when he first found out of the trade.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns
                      Live 4 The Story

Comment

Working...
                      X