Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huge Trade

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Huge Trade

    Something just happened between Timberwolves and Grizz swapping Mayo and Love...more info to come.

    Memphis Receives:
    *OJ Mayo, Marko Jaric, Antoine Walker, Greg Buckner

    Minnesota receives:
    *Kevin Love, Mike Miller, Brian Cardinal, Jason Collins

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ory?id=3463045

    Wow. This is pretty big. LOL It's basically like they traded teams. I gotta say I think Minnesota is getting teh better end of the deal because they also get Mike Miller.
    Last edited by Matt McGuire; 06-26-2008, 11:59 PM.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

    Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.


  • #2
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ory?id=3463045

    The Minnesota Timberwolves aren't holding onto O.J. Mayo for long.

    Two league sources told ESPN.com that the Wolves have reached an agreement in principle with the Memphis Grizzlies that will send the draft rights of Mayo, Marko Jaric, Antoine Walker and Greg Buckner to the Grizzlies in return for the draft rights to Kevin Love, Mike Miller, Brian Cardinal and Jason Collins.

    The deal is a blockbuster for both teams. ESPN.com reported on Tuesday that the Wolves GM Kevin McHale was infatuated with Love, but felt that the team had to select Mayo and use him to acquire more assets.

    In addition to landing Love, the Wolves get a sharp-shooting swingman in Miller who can help carry the scoring load from the perimeter. The deal is also a financial boon for the Timberwolves who get the bad contract of Jaric (three years, $21 million) off the books. Walker and Buckner's contracts are not guaranteed after this season.

    The Grizzlies get the superstar they wanted in the backcourt in Mayo. The also rid themselves of Cardinal's bad contract (two years, $13 million). The Grizzlies now have a glut of guards on the team with Mayo, Mike Conley, Kyle Lowry and Javaris Crittendon.

    Comment


    • #3
      That trade is HORRIBLE for the T-Wolves. They trade a possible superstar for an average 12pt 10 rebound guy. This trade doesn't make sense for either team though...Memphis has tons of guards and I don't think Love is a good fit with Al Jefferson

      Comment


      • #4
        Chad Ford is saying this trade favors the Wolves. What!?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
          That trade is HORRIBLE for the T-Wolves. They trade a possible superstar for an average 12pt 10 rebound guy. This trade doesn't make sense for either team though...Memphis has tons of guards and I don't think Love is a good fit with Al Jefferson
          Love can do more than that though. He is a really good passer in the post and he is a great outlet passer.

          Seriously though, the Timberwolves also got Mike Miller in the deal which accounts for something.

          Timberwolves will have the #1 pick in 2009 and in my opinion will take the Spanish phenom Ricky Rubio.
          2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

          Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
            Love can do more than that though. He is a really good passer in the post and he is a great outlet passer.

            Seriously though, the Timberwolves also got Mike Miller in the deal which accounts for something.

            Timberwolves will have the #1 pick in 2009 and in my opinion will take the Spanish phenom Ricky Rubio.
            No doubt they will be in the lotto next year. How would Love be a good fit with Jefferson in the frontcourt? Both 6'9" PF's. Al Jeff is going to play out of position at the 5.

            Rubio looks like a SUPERSTAR in the youtube clip I watched of him. Steve Nash 2.0

            Comment


            • #7
              Rubio reminds me of Steve Nash too but a better passer, size, defender but not as good a shot. When he jumps on his shot he gets like 2.5 inches off the ground. Needs to improve his range. Very high upside though.

              Jefferson and Love are both 6'10. They both play big and that's important. I see all of these 7' centers in the NBA and htey play like they are 6'7.

              Memphis needs to keep improving depth, but they have a long way to go.
              2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

              Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                Rubio reminds me of Steve Nash too but a better passer, size, defender but not as good a shot. When he jumps on his shot he gets like 2.5 inches off the ground. Needs to improve his range. Very high upside though.

                Jefferson and Love are both 6'10. They both play big and that's important. I see all of these 7' centers in the NBA and htey play like they are 6'7.

                Memphis needs to keep improving depth, but they have a long way to go.
                I don't know about a better passer. All I have seen is a few youtube clips so I can't really judge him. I think he could be in contention for the #1 pick if he decides to come out. Blake Griffin from OU is another guy that could go there...Obviously not if Minny gets it because he is another 6'9" PF but he reminds be alot of Carlos Boozer.

                Man, it would just suck to be a T-Wolve or Grizzlie fan...No hope at all

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
                  That trade is HORRIBLE for the T-Wolves. They trade a possible superstar for an average 12pt 10 rebound guy. This trade doesn't make sense for either team though...Memphis has tons of guards and I don't think Love is a good fit with Al Jefferson
                  lol wut?

                  They get a sharp shooter with Miller which they're lacking, get rid of a HUGE contract in Jaric and get who they wanted all along (love)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by fivas14 View Post
                    lol wut?

                    They get a sharp shooter with Miller which they're lacking, get rid of a HUGE contract in Jaric and get who they wanted all along (love)

                    Cardinal also has a bad contract. Mayo has superstar potential...Love does not, and Miller is solid but not great.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                      Rubio reminds me of Steve Nash too but a better passer, size, defender but not as good a shot. When he jumps on his shot he gets like 2.5 inches off the ground. Needs to improve his range. Very high upside though.

                      Jefferson and Love are both 6'10. They both play big and that's important. I see all of these 7' centers in the NBA and htey play like they are 6'7.

                      Memphis needs to keep improving depth, but they have a long way to go.
                      Rubio reminds me of Maravich.

                      And Nash is a far better passer the Rubio.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by fivas14 View Post
                        Rubio reminds me of Maravich.

                        And Nash is a far better passer the Rubio.
                        I'm sure Nash is a better passer right now, but he wasn't a better passer comparatively at the age of 17. You are basically comparing a 30 year old to a 17 year old...not fair.

                        Maravich comparison has already been thrown out there and isn't original.
                        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

                        Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                          I'm sure Nash is a better passer right now, but he wasn't a better passer comparatively at the age of 17. You are basically comparing a 30 year old to a 17 year old...not fair.

                          Maravich comparison has already been thrown out there and isn't original.
                          I thought you were saying that Rubio was a better passer then Nash now.

                          I know comparing him isn't orginial but it's accurate.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Like Matt has been saying, Mike Miller is a big deal. He shot over 40% from three last year, which is very good.
                            Ann Arbor Wolverines

                            Starters ------------------------------ Reserves

                            PG: Steph Curry --------------------- Jason Kidd
                            SG: Joe Johnson -------------------- Grant Hill--Ben Gordon
                            SF: Kevin Durant ------------------- Dorrell Wright
                            PF/C:Al Jefferson -------------------- Kris Humphries
                            C:Marc Gasol ------------------------ Samuel Dalembert

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Sorry didn't mean to repost this in another thread saw this afterwards.. But Mayo will be a star and Love will fall into a bench role player
                              Check out my new site Today!
                              Live 4 The Story

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X