X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DraftKidWonder
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    Something just happened between Timberwolves and Grizz swapping Mayo and Love...more info to come.

Memphis Receives:
    *OJ Mayo, Marko Jaric, Antoine Walker, Greg Buckner

Minnesota receives:
    *Kevin Love, Mike Miller, Brian Cardinal, Jason Collins

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ory?id=3463045

Wow. This is pretty big. LOL It's basically like they traded teams. I gotta say I think Minnesota is getting teh better end of the deal because they also get Mike Miller.
    This should have gone in the "official Post NBA Draft Thread" to detail post trades and other happenings after the draft but it's not here any more.

Matt. Did you have something to do with that?

Leave a comment:

• Adam Mac
    replied
    Sorry didn't mean to repost this in another thread saw this afterwards.. But Mayo will be a star and Love will fall into a bench role player

Leave a comment:

• mad36092
    replied
    Like Matt has been saying, Mike Miller is a big deal. He shot over 40% from three last year, which is very good.

Leave a comment:

• fivas14
    replied
    I'm sure Nash is a better passer right now, but he wasn't a better passer comparatively at the age of 17. You are basically comparing a 30 year old to a 17 year old...not fair.

Maravich comparison has already been thrown out there and isn't original.
    I thought you were saying that Rubio was a better passer then Nash now.

I know comparing him isn't orginial but it's accurate.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by fivas14 View Post
    Rubio reminds me of Maravich.

And Nash is a far better passer the Rubio.
    I'm sure Nash is a better passer right now, but he wasn't a better passer comparatively at the age of 17. You are basically comparing a 30 year old to a 17 year old...not fair.

Maravich comparison has already been thrown out there and isn't original.

Leave a comment:

• fivas14
    replied
    Rubio reminds me of Steve Nash too but a better passer, size, defender but not as good a shot. When he jumps on his shot he gets like 2.5 inches off the ground. Needs to improve his range. Very high upside though.

Jefferson and Love are both 6'10. They both play big and that's important. I see all of these 7' centers in the NBA and htey play like they are 6'7.

Memphis needs to keep improving depth, but they have a long way to go.
    Rubio reminds me of Maravich.

And Nash is a far better passer the Rubio.

Leave a comment:

• IlliniVikeFan23
    replied
    Originally posted by fivas14 View Post
    lol wut?

They get a sharp shooter with Miller which they're lacking, get rid of a HUGE contract in Jaric and get who they wanted all along (love)

Cardinal also has a bad contract. Mayo has superstar potential...Love does not, and Miller is solid but not great.

Leave a comment:

• fivas14
    replied
    Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
    That trade is HORRIBLE for the T-Wolves. They trade a possible superstar for an average 12pt 10 rebound guy. This trade doesn't make sense for either team though...Memphis has tons of guards and I don't think Love is a good fit with Al Jefferson
    lol wut?

They get a sharp shooter with Miller which they're lacking, get rid of a HUGE contract in Jaric and get who they wanted all along (love)

Leave a comment:

• IlliniVikeFan23
    replied
    Rubio reminds me of Steve Nash too but a better passer, size, defender but not as good a shot. When he jumps on his shot he gets like 2.5 inches off the ground. Needs to improve his range. Very high upside though.

Jefferson and Love are both 6'10. They both play big and that's important. I see all of these 7' centers in the NBA and htey play like they are 6'7.

I don't know about a better passer. All I have seen is a few youtube clips so I can't really judge him. I think he could be in contention for the #1 pick if he decides to come out. Blake Griffin from OU is another guy that could go there...Obviously not if Minny gets it because he is another 6'9" PF but he reminds be alot of Carlos Boozer.

Man, it would just suck to be a T-Wolve or Grizzlie fan...No hope at all

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IlliniVikeFan23
    replied
    Love can do more than that though. He is a really good passer in the post and he is a great outlet passer.

Seriously though, the Timberwolves also got Mike Miller in the deal which accounts for something.

Timberwolves will have the #1 pick in 2009 and in my opinion will take the Spanish phenom Ricky Rubio.
    No doubt they will be in the lotto next year. How would Love be a good fit with Jefferson in the frontcourt? Both 6'9" PF's. Al Jeff is going to play out of position at the 5.

Rubio looks like a SUPERSTAR in the youtube clip I watched of him. Steve Nash 2.0

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
    That trade is HORRIBLE for the T-Wolves. They trade a possible superstar for an average 12pt 10 rebound guy. This trade doesn't make sense for either team though...Memphis has tons of guards and I don't think Love is a good fit with Al Jefferson
    Love can do more than that though. He is a really good passer in the post and he is a great outlet passer.

Seriously though, the Timberwolves also got Mike Miller in the deal which accounts for something.

Timberwolves will have the #1 pick in 2009 and in my opinion will take the Spanish phenom Ricky Rubio.

Leave a comment:

• IlliniVikeFan23
    replied
    Chad Ford is saying this trade favors the Wolves. What!?

Leave a comment:

• IlliniVikeFan23
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IlliniVikeFan23
    replied
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ory?id=3463045

The Minnesota Timberwolves aren't holding onto O.J. Mayo for long.

Two league sources told ESPN.com that the Wolves have reached an agreement in principle with the Memphis Grizzlies that will send the draft rights of Mayo, Marko Jaric, Antoine Walker and Greg Buckner to the Grizzlies in return for the draft rights to Kevin Love, Mike Miller, Brian Cardinal and Jason Collins.

The deal is a blockbuster for both teams. ESPN.com reported on Tuesday that the Wolves GM Kevin McHale was infatuated with Love, but felt that the team had to select Mayo and use him to acquire more assets.

In addition to landing Love, the Wolves get a sharp-shooting swingman in Miller who can help carry the scoring load from the perimeter. The deal is also a financial boon for the Timberwolves who get the bad contract of Jaric (three years, $21 million) off the books. Walker and Buckner's contracts are not guaranteed after this season.

The Grizzlies get the superstar they wanted in the backcourt in Mayo. The also rid themselves of Cardinal's bad contract (two years, $13 million). The Grizzlies now have a glut of guards on the team with Mayo, Mike Conley, Kyle Lowry and Javaris Crittendon.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X