Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maggette, Brand opt out

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8...pt-for-freedom

Elton Brand and Corey Maggette opted out of the final season of their contracts with the Los Angeles Clippers on Monday, the first day they were allowed to do so, according to the Los Angeles Times.

Brand, 29, played only eight games last season after suffering a ruptured Achilles' tendon, but he has averaged 20.3 points and 10.2 rebounds in nine NBA seasons. He was owed $16.4 million had he stayed in the final year of his Clippers contract.

Maggette, 28, averaged 22.1 points last season.

All Clipp fans new we were going to be expecting this. Like I said before I anticipate a sign and trade for Brand, probably to Chicago (my trade projection is Brand for Heinrich, Drew Gooden, and Thabo Sefolosha).

I think Maggette is going to get a ton of money, and well deserved, and play elsewhere.

I think he will sign with Charlotte, Indiana, Toronto, or Minnesota if he doesn't resign with the LAC.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Hinrich
      Gooden
      Ben Gordon

for:

Brand

Bulls sign Maggette

Comment

I don't think there are a lot of teams with money to just throw around other than the 76ers.

Comment

Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
          Hinrich
          Gooden
          Ben Gordon

for:

Brand

Bulls sign Maggette
          You don't have enough cap prolly to sign both Brand and Maggette to long term deals which is what they will be demanding.

I'll offer you Brand for Heinrich, Tyrus Thomas, and Gooden. That sounds fair, you get to keep Thabo since we drafted Eric Gordon and you get a top 3 PF in the league.

You forgot that Luol Deng is a free agent too.

Comment

Yeah, I know Deng is a FA. I don't see any way we would be able to retain both Gordon and Deng and get Brand also. Gordon would probably have to be part of the deal.

Comment

We don't want Gordon, who is a 2 guard. We have Eric Gordon and he should be solid.

We need a point guard and we still don't have one...Livingston never produced much and he is coming off a serious knee injury plus I think he is a FA now.

So Heinrich would have to be in the deal. We need a 4 to replace Brand. Either way Gooden has to be in the deal.

And that obviously isn't enough just for Elton Brand. You'd have to throw in a young prospect either Tyrus Thomas or Thabo Sefolosha.

We don't need thabo with drafting Eric Gordon. Tradying Tyrus Thomas makes the most sense. You will have Elton starting so no real need for Thomas anyways, but we could use a developmental 4 with Al Thorton.

That would mean our lineup would look something like this

PG: Heinrich
              SG: Gordon
              SF: Thorton
              PF: Gooden
              C: Kaman

Bench: Cuttino Mobley, Mike Traylor, Tim Thomas, Tyrus Thomas, and DeAndre Jordan.

Prolly a .450 team in the West but we will keep improving our bench and talent.

Comment

Yes, I get that. How are we going to be able to pay Deng, Gordon and Brand though. I want to be optimistic about getting Brand but it sounds likely he is going to be back with the Clippers. We need to get Deng and Gordon signed before any trades go down.

Comment

Yes, I get that. How are we going to be able to pay Deng, Gordon and Brand though. I want to be optimistic about getting Brand but it sounds likely he is going to be back with the Clippers. We need to get Deng and Gordon signed before any trades go down.
                  Gordon is overrated let him walk. Resign Deng and Brand to long term deals and you have a team that should be a very solid contender in the Eastern Conference prolly even over my Pistons.

Comment

We need to get some value for Gordon...

Comment

We need to get some value for Gordon...
                      Um no you need to get value for Kirk Heinrich more than anyone. Gordon is a small 2 guard.

You'd like to get value for him, but you'd like it even more to insert Elton Brand into your starting lineup....again.

You can't get value for everything. AT some point you just have to let players go.

PG: Derrick Rose
                      SG: Thabo Sefolosha
                      SF: Luol Deng
                      PF: Elton Brand
                      C: Joakhim Noah

Bench: Chris Duhon, Andres Nocioni, and Shannon Brown isn't half bad.

You aren't a deep team but you have a very solid starting lineup. You have a dominant frontcourt and an excellent point guard which will smooth over Thabo's transition.

You might be able to trade Gordon's rights in a sign and trade and get some value for him probably a solid player off the bench or a future 1st round pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                        Um no you need to get value for Kirk Heinrich more than anyone. Gordon is a small 2 guard.

You'd like to get value for him, but you'd like it even more to insert Elton Brand into your starting lineup....again.

You can't get value for everything. AT some point you just have to let players go.

PG: Derrick Rose
                        SG: Thabo Sefolosha
                        SF: Luol Deng
                        PF: Elton Brand
                        C: Joakhim Noah

Bench: Chris Duhon, Andres Nocioni, and Shannon Brown isn't half bad.

You aren't a deep team but you have a very solid starting lineup. You have a dominant frontcourt and an excellent point guard which will smooth over Thabo's transition.

You might be able to trade Gordon's rights in a sign and trade and get some value for him probably a solid player off the bench or a future 1st round pick.
                        Chris Duhon and Shannon Brown are both long gone. You forgot Larry Hughes also.

We'll see what happens. Paxson is going to have a very busy offseason...He better be trying to make some moves. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Paxson is unable to make any trade...even Hinrich.

Comment

You won't even need Hinrich once you sign B-Diddy.

Comment

Let's go Toronto! It's time to star stack our way to a championship!

Comment

LAC dont need gordon, but they could use Deng in the sign and trade.

Nocionni makes more sense for LA than gooden, and would make the salaries match a little better.

How about:

Thabo
                              Nocionni or Deng
                              Capt Kirk

for

Brand
                              and a bad contract to make salaries work out?

Bulls then match any reasonable offer for gordon, or do a sign and trade and re-sign deng.

Starters:

Rose
                              Hughes
                              play deng at the 3
                              Brand
                              Noah in the middle (hopefully trade gordon for a big)

Should easily get the 3 seed in the East. The clips have a proven point, a proven big and a young 2guard.
                              Bears offseason wish list:

Jay Cutler, I am good, for now.

Comment

Working...
                              X