X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baron Davis agrees to join Clippers

Davis verbally agrees to join Clippers, leave Warriors

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3470016

Baron Davis shocked the Warriors by opting out of his contract on Monday. Imagine their surprise now.

NBA front-office sources told ESPN.com's Marc Stein that the guard reached a verbal agreement with the Clippers on Tuesday night and will sign a new multiyear contract with Los Angeles after the leaguewide moratorium on signings and trades is lifted July 9.

Davis was in line to make $17.8 million in the last year of his deal with the Warriors, but after telling the team that he wanted to stay, opted out at the last minute.

Sources told ESPN.com that Davis, 29, will receive a five-year deal worth an estimated $65 million.

Forward Elton Brand also opted out of his contract with the Clippers on Monday, and speculation quickly began that the team would try to keep Brand and sign Davis. This scenario is only possible if the Clippers renounce the rights of Corey Maggette and Brand takes a slight pay cut.

Sources say the Clippers are expected to do just that and quickly reach a verbal agreement to bring back Brand.

Maggette opted out of his deal on Monday as well.

Davis averaged 21.8 points, 7.6 assists and 4.7 rebounds last season for a Warriors team that won 48 games but did not make the playoffs.

omg WOW what a great signing. I doubt we can keep Maggette but if we can resign Elton Brand I am going to be so happy.

Clippers are coming baby. Eric Gordon is going to be a star. Al Thorton is a baller, and now we got to great players in Davis and hopefully Brand.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

I dunno Matt it's the Clippers. I think it was Bill Simmons who said it and I'll paraphrase, "Good players go to the Clippers and are never heard from again"
      WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
      Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Originally posted by vbsiena24 View Post
        I dunno Matt it's the Clippers. I think it was Bill Simmons who said it and I'll paraphrase, "Good players go to the Clippers and are never heard from again"
        I'd say Elton Brand has had a pretty good career. We lost in 7 games to Phoenix in the conference semis in 2006 (and blew game 6 as I remember).

I'd also say Chris Kaman is one of the top 5-6 centers in the NBA.

I'd also say Bill Simmons is a total moron.

Siena, you are talking a lot of trash for a Knick fan. Who was your last good player? Latrell Sprewell?

Comment

Elton Brand's injuries do him in every year.

I like Chris Kaman he had a very nice year.

Shaun Livingston has done not much in his 3 years although I still like him. Injuries are a ***** i know

Corey Maggette is interesting but no one ever talks about him

Cuttino Mobley was solid before he went to the Clippers and well he's done nothing special in LA

And the Knicks last good player was Patrick Ewing. Isiah Thomas ran the franchise into the ground.

Comment

Clippers have had some good players and bad luck.

Mobley was always an overrated player. Thats a backup guard and you're hating on him.

Isiah Thomas didn't run the franchise into the guard. Scott Layden did.

Comment

I hate when coaches run teams into the guard.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                Clippers have had some good players and bad luck.

Mobley was always an overrated player. Thats a backup guard and you're hating on him.

Isiah Thomas didn't run the franchise into the guard. Scott Layden did.
                You're right Scott Layden started the destruction Isiah promptly continued adding to it.

- He got rid of Ewing and Chris Dudley's expiring contracts for overpriced Glen Rice and garbage

- Traded guard Erick Strickland and 2001 first- and second-round draft picks to the Vancouver Grizzlies for forward Othella Harrington

- Traded guard Chris Childs and a 2001 first-round pick to the Toronto Raptors for guards Mark Jackson and Muggsy Bogues (Mark Jackson was ok but it still c'mon)

- Gave Allan Houston a retarded giant contract and Houston did nothing after. Hell the money was on the books until this season i think

- Traded forward Glen Rice to the Houston Rockets and guard Muggsy Bogues to the Dallas Mavericks for guard Howard Eisley from the Dallas Mavericks and forward Shandon Anderson from the Houston Rockets.

- Traded center Marcus Camby, guard Mark Jackson and the draft rights to forward NenĂª to the Denver Nuggets for forward Antonio McDyess, the draft rights to guard Frank Williams and a 2003 second-round draft pick (Camby was really good, McDyess had like 2 good years)

-Traded guard Latrell Sprewell to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Keith Van Horn from the Philadelphia 76ers and signed center Slavko Vranes (WTF)

Drafted:

Forward Donnell Harvey (22nd overall pick) and guard Lavor Postell (39th overall pick) in 2000 Traded Harvey

Selected forward Michael Wright (39th overall pick) and center Eric Chenowith (43rd overall pick) in 2001

Selected forward NenĂª (7th overall pick) and guard Milos Vujanic (36th overall pick.) Traded Nene

Selected forwards Mike Sweetney (9th overall pick) and Maciej Lampe (30th overall pick) and center Slavko Vranes (39th overall pick)

So many garbage picks and trades.

Comment

I'm pissed because that means the Bulls probably won't be getting Elton Brand now. You just got your PG so no need for Hinrich and Brand will probably want to stay even more now that you got Davis.

Comment

Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
                    I'm pissed because that means the Bulls probably won't be getting Elton Brand now. You just got your PG so no need for Hinrich and Brand will probably want to stay even more now that you got Davis.
                    Yeah you can nix that trade immediately. No chance of Brand now in a Chicago uni he will prolly resign with LAC.

I think now my Clipps will stand pat for the most part. We dont' have much trade bait now with Maggette as a free agent.

Comment

Hmm, I wonder which bigman the Bulls will try to pursue now. Probably won't be able to get a top notch one. Possibly Al Harrington or Marcus Camby..Somebody of that nature.

Comment

Hahaha the Bulls are going to suck now!!!!

Just kidding but seriously. Bulls look like a really solid team but you have no low post offensive threat. Gooden is a cherry picker (meaning makes all his points within 3 feet of the basket).

Bulls will probably go .500 next year which should be good for a 3rd seed in the East

Comment

Said they wont be able to resign livingston or maggette anymore but this should be enough to keep Brand in LA and the Clippers pretty good
                          Check out my new site Today!
                          Live 4 The Story

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                            Hahaha the Bulls are going to suck now!!!!

Just kidding but seriously. Bulls look like a really solid team but you have no low post offensive threat. Gooden is a cherry picker (meaning makes all his points within 3 feet of the basket).

Bulls will probably go .500 next year which should be good for a 3rd seed in the East
                            I think we'll suck again for sure. I would like to see a lot of Rose and Gordon in the backcourt. We should get whatever we can from Hinrich. He's not gonna teach Rose anything as he may have some value. I'd be happy if we make the playoffs.
                            Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

They have to get rid of at least 1 guard even if we get nothing in return. I feel if the Bulls keep their current roster which is what we ALWAYS do sicne we never make good trades we will be a bust..... hat if there is a 3 way trade of some sort maybe to bring in Beasley and send Brand to Miami and us giving up..... someone haha?
                              Check out my new site Today!
                              Live 4 The Story

Comment

Working...
                              X