2008 Wimbledon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Wimbledon

I know a football forum is probably not the best place to see if there are any tennis fans, but anyways, i was just wondering if anyone is paying attention to the Wimbledon final between Federer and Nadal. I'm a huge Federer fan, with the exception of Tiger, no player has been more dominant in any sport. He's been #1 for about 4 and a half years, has won 5 straight Wimbledons and simply put is already considered as one of, if not the, best players in the world. I'm biased to my generation obviously, and even though I was a die-hard Sampras guy Federer is the best I've ever seen and would be hard to convince me that he isn't the best tennis player of all time.

Now as for the match. Rafa took the first two sets 6-4, 6-4, but Federer won the 3rd in a tiebreak and staved off multiple championship points in the fourth set tiebreak to tie the match, and now it's 2-2 in the fifth with Federer a point away from going 3-2. ****, now there's a rain delay

For anyone who was watching, the match saving backhand winner up the line by Federer when Rafa was attacking with the serve and volley and Federer was on the ropes was one of the greatest shots I've seen.
    Lord Commander of Walter's Kingsguard
    The Frogfather - I'm young, I'm handsome, I'm fast, I'm pretty and can't possibly be beat
    THE WALTAHOLICS - "I'm kind of a maverick and just don't give a shoot."
    THE ANDREA McNULTY GANGBANG - "You come at the king, you best not miss."

There are no men like me. There's only me.

I may be a woman beater, but I ain't no pussy eater.

Sweeter than a jumper on a gay Ray Allen.

NFC East Champion New York Football Giants

I can't believe I didnt DVR this match...I'm a tennis player for crying out loud and I missed the best Wimbledon ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

yeah it was pretty sick, I made a rookie mistake by going to the gym at the rain delay though, I thought since there was only another hour of light left in London they would just finish the match today. I'm kinda glad I didnt see my man lose live though, I was heartbroken when I saw him all emotional when he was talking to McEnroe
      Lord Commander of Walter's Kingsguard
      The Frogfather - I'm young, I'm handsome, I'm fast, I'm pretty and can't possibly be beat
      THE WALTAHOLICS - "I'm kind of a maverick and just don't give a shoot."
      THE ANDREA McNULTY GANGBANG - "You come at the king, you best not miss."

There are no men like me. There's only me.

I may be a woman beater, but I ain't no pussy eater.

Sweeter than a jumper on a gay Ray Allen.

NFC East Champion New York Football Giants

Comment

Yep, huge tennis fan.

Fantastic final from what i saw of it. (I was at a Rugby League game for the first set and abit, but i've Sky +'ed the first part)

Glad to see Nadal win. I despise Federer, don't know why i just don't like him he is undoubtedly the greatest player i have ever seen though.

Nadal was fantastic though, i thought he was going to get beaten when Fed won the 3rd and 4th set but he hung in.

Tennis goes huge over here for those two weeks and it was a pretty fantastic championship. Good weather wise and some good outings from Andy Murray (Don't like him either despite him being British) got the majority of us home fans excited. Laura Robson stole the show over here winning the juniors at the age 14 and being touted as the next big thing.

Light got pretty bad towards the end but there was no way they would go to the Monday. I reckon they could have gone until 9:45pm at the very latest.

Comment

I love tennis....that 9-7 finish in the final set was definitely fitting. Really, I look forward to Rafa and Federer going at it for the next few years, though Federer is going to be at a disadvantage due to age eventually soon....i'm wondering if we really are witnessing a 'changing of the guard', as the stupid commentators loved to dramatize, of Nadal being the next top guy to beat.

I know what you mean about Federer, Conroy...he really is the greatest i've ever seen, but he's also hard for me to like...

Comment

I watch tennis occasionally and I played it the for the first time last month and actually enjoyed it, I wish I would have seen the match. I turned it on when it was in tied in the 3rd set and I assumed it was over.
            Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

Dude that mathc was crazy

I mean I thought Federer would win when he was up 6:4 in the 5th set.

Best GAme I have ever seen in my Life ( I m only 18 )

And I am Happy taht NAdal won.
              I like him more.

But they were some beautiful plays made by both.

Comment

Working...
              X