Sabathia Traded to Brewers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sabathia Traded to Brewers

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel is reporting that the Indians have acquired C.C. Sabathia from the Indians.

"According to the Tom Haudricourt, paperwork and the exchange of medical records is all that remains to be done. Sources tell Haudricourt that the package includes Matt LaPorta but that Milwaukee refused to part with other top prospects Alcides Escobar and Mat Gamel. If true, Sabathia would make his debut for the Brewers on Tuesday against the Rockies."

http://blogs.jsonline.com/brewers/ar...-sabathia.aspx
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Shoot...Not good news for the Cubs. Hopefully we will be able to acquire someone like Rich Harden, AJ Burnett, or Erik Bedard.

They essentially just gave up a big time prospect for a three month rental. No way they resign him or Ben Sheets at the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
      Shoot...Not good news for the Cubs. Hopefully we will be able to acquire someone like Rich Harden, AJ Burnett, or Erik Bedard.

They essentially just gave up a big time prospect for a three month rental. No way they resign him or Ben Sheets at the end of the season.
      I agree with you. Sabathia and Sheets will likely go to greener pastures ($$) when the season is over. I'm thinking $15+ mil/year range.

Also I wouldn't be surprised to see the Brewers to trade for some bullpen help.
      WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
      Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

they only gave up one of their higher touted AA prospects, thats it.

so what if its a three month rental, if they cant keep C.C. or Sheets, might as well make a push now while they can

Comment

penant coming back to brewtown baby!

Comment

They probably feel now is their best shot at finally making the post season so might as well give their fans soemthing to cheer about and then maybe...just maybe.... the players will see it's a good team and stay trying to win for the love of game... Ah who am I kidding players don't love the game anymore they are all greedy and love $
            Check out my new site Today!
            Live 4 The Story

Comment

Working...
            X