Bucks give Bogut how much?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bucks give Bogut how much?!?!?

5 years, 72.5 mil extension? seriously? they wanna show that they want to win by signing this guy to that much? what a joke

I think for a 23 year old 15 and 10 is solid #s.

72.5M? No, but what else was Milwaukee gonna spend money on? Might as well lock up the franchise center.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

MILWAUKEE (AP)—Milwaukee Bucks center Andrew Bogut will sign a five-year, $72.5 million extension later this week, his agent said Wednesday.

Bogut, the top overall pick in the 2005 draft, was expected to sign the extension Friday, agent David Bauman said.

The agreement was first reported Wednesday by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel on its Web site.

Bucks spokesman Dan Smyczek also confirmed Wednesday that there was an agreement on a deal.

“He’s thrilled,” Bauman told The Associated Press. “He feels like Milwaukee really stepped up and demonstrated to him he’s a valued member of this team.”

The signing should also silence critics who feel the team hasn’t shown a commitment to winning, Bauman said. The hiring of Scott Skiles as coach and the trade for Richard Jefferson demonstrated to Bogut that the team was making a push to be competitive.

“These moves show Andrew this team is committed to winning now,” Bauman said.

The extension does not affect the nearly $7 million Bogut is owed for the upcoming season, the final year of his rookie contract.

Despite the Bucks’ struggles in the past two seasons, Bogut indicated he wanted to stay with the team.

He played in 78 games last season, averaging 14.3 points and 9.8 rebounds.

Bogut is expected to begin practicing with the Australia Olympic team on Tuesday. Bauman said the center hoped to get an extension completed before then, but he wasn’t using that date as a deadline for a deal.

Wednesday was the first day for NBA free agents and players seeking extensions to sign contracts.

I was just about to post this. Wow, that is defintely overpaying him.

Comment

Bogut's underachieving.

The Bucks NEVER get him the ball. He has to create his own and he's not the type of player.

Plus, centers are hard to come by nowadays

Comment

I think he's a very solid big man. You know that even 4pt and 5reb big men are always the most sought after in free agency. If you can find someone 6'11" or bigger than can be okay every team wants him. I don't disagree with this move at all as the Bucks might be on track to compete in the playoffs
          Check out my new site Today!
          Live 4 The Story

Comment

I saw that too. The salaries in the NBA are ridiculous.
            2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

All things considered, the Bucks did the right thing. Good bigs are hard to come by, especially a young guy with a future. Now, they need to put a decent team around him.

Comment

They're on the right path to building a team..... Better than the Bulls at least
                Live 4 The Story

Comment

Bucks don't have Derrick Rose, therefore the Bulls are further ahead.
                  2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                    Bucks don't have Derrick Rose, therefore the Bulls are further ahead.
                    The Bulls have Vinny Del Nigro and Joakim Noah..therefore, they're not further ahead of the Bucks.

Comment

He has improved every year I've seen him play (can't say that about the team since he was drafted - doh!) . I'm glad they made that move. Hopefully Hammond will continue to rebuild this mess we have...
                      And now for something completely different

Comment

If I suddenly turn into a good athlete, or magically grow a foot and a half from my current 5'9" frame, I'm hiring Bogut's agent.
                        This is my signature.

Comment

I hope we get rid of Noah I hated him in college and hated him even more when the Bulls drafted him... I'm still depressed over trading away Aldridge I loved that guy
                          Live 4 The Story

Comment

Bogut is very impressive for a low vertical whit boy and he has great numbers to back it up. He has always he will improve just as he has every year of his career.
                            If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                            Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Working...
                            X