The All-Star Game is a Joke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The All-Star Game is a Joke

Can anyone name the last time someone led their league in HRs and RBIs and WASN'T on the All-Star team?

The 1940s!

Ryan Howard has 28 HRs and 83 RBIs, yet is excluded from the All-Star game and (more importantly) the Home Run Derby. How can you not have the league's best home run hitter in the derby?

Also, why is Carlos Marmol on the All-Star team? He's surrendered 7 HRs in 52 IP!

What a joke, I'm not watching this garbage.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Marmol started the season as a superstar and it's only been recently (after much voting) that he has been blowing games so that's probably why
    Check out my new site Today!
    Live 4 The Story

Comment

I agree Marmol sucks. He was picked by NL manager Clint Hurdle of Colorado to replace Kerry Wood. No idea why he picked Marmol. Maybe he felt like another Cub should go in his place.

FYI I'm picking Josh Hamilton to win the homerun derby.
      WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
      Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Maciasz View Post
        Marmol started the season as a superstar and it's only been recently (after much voting) that he has been blowing games so that's probably why
        Yeah but he was picked as a replacement player, which means they were able to look at his recent production.
        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

The players actually voted Marmol in..

He has been absolutely dreadful for the last month. I don't understand how you go from unhittable to not being able to get anyone out. Hopefully the break will help him. We are going to need him back to his old form if we want to make a run at the WS.

I pick Hamilton to win the HR derby also.

Comment

What a joke!

Dan ****ing Uggla is a POS! 0-4, 3 strikeouts, ground into double play, and three errors.

Way to cost the Cubs home field advantage. That might be the ****tiest rule in all of sports.

Comment

LOL

I lied and watched the game.

What an awesome All-Star game... but how dumb are the Rays, D-backs, etc. for pitching their All-Stars on Sunday? If I'm Terry Francona, and I need Kazmir to go 120 pitches, he goes 120 pitches. Stupid Rays management isn't costing me homefield.
              2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Marmol was good 1.0 IP 2 SO

Comment

Why can't Marmol do that in the Cubs games lately?
                  Check out my new site Today!
                  Live 4 The Story

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Maciasz View Post
                    Why can't Marmol do that in the Cubs games lately?
                    LOL I was thinking the same thing. His ERA since mid-June is 13.50. It's still a joke that he made the All-Star team over someone like Cole Hamels.
                    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Comment

Working...
                    X