• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camby to the Clips

Clippers fill the void for Elton Brand with Marcus Camby

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3491156
    Check out my new site Today!
    Live 4 The Story

Wow I can't believe this trade for only a future 2nd round pick. The Nuggets awful defense just got a lot worse. Cap relief is a ***** I suppose.
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

this is a STEAL. Retarted trade for the NUggets. They obviously dont even want to compete

Comment

Geez what is Denver smoking.

Glad we got Camby, but he can't replace Brand. Still a steal.
        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Are you kidding me?! What a steal.

Hopefully this means the Clipps don't offer Deng a contract.

Comment

I can't believe another team would not have offered more for Camby than a slightly higher 2nd round pick. He was Defensive Player of the Year a couple of years ago.

Comment

Why can't the Bulls get involved in any of these lop-sided trades. I'll take on his contract
              Live 4 The Story

Comment

The trade was a salary dump off. The nuggets don't have the cap room to pay $12 million a year.
                WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Denver might actually get nothing in return. If their pick is higher than the Clips there will be no reason to trade their 2nd rd pick for the clippers and then it was Camby for "air"
                  Live 4 The Story

Comment

I dont have a link, but i read that the option to trade is the next time the clips have a better pick, not limited to this year. also with the luxury tax the nuggets saved something like 23 mil this coming year.
                    Bears offseason wish list:

Jay Cutler, I am good, for now.

Comment

Here's what I read on yahoo.com

It's the biggest rebound of the year for the Los Angeles Clippers. And, arguably, the most dramatic in their tortured history. One week after the heart and soul of their team, their most skilled, most respected and most beloved player, Elton Brand, walked out on them, along with Corey Maggette, their leading scorer, the Clippers obtained an imposing substitute in 6-foot-11, 235-pound Marcus Camby.

Camby, the NBA defensive player of the year in 2006-07, was obtained from the Denver Nuggets in exchange for a conditional second-round draft pick in 2010.

Conditional because it gives the Nuggets the right to exchange picks with the Clippers in that second round. If, however, the Clippers have the lower pick and Denver chooses to pass on the opportunity, there would be no further compensation. In other words, the Clippers may have gotten Camby for nothing. And the Lakers thought they got a steal in obtaining Pau Gasol from the Memphis Grizzlies last season.

Source: Los Angeles Times
                      Live 4 The Story

Comment

Clippers got one of the best help/face up defensive big men in basketball for practically nothing. I hope they enjoy that $12 Mil because they won't be in the playoffs next year.
                        If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                        Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Camby says the way the Nuggets went about trading him was classless

here's the full article

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3499645
                          Live 4 The Story

Comment

Working...
                          X