Rooting for The Great White Shark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rooting for The Great White Shark

Greg Norman, tomorrow, could do something that could define his career. Win a major at 53 years old. I am rooting for him, since he was my dad's favorite golfer growing up and he is the underdog known for choking in majors

Anyways, despite the 3 shot lead (+2), he is a 10/1 odds to win. Same as Simon Wakefield (3 shots back, +5). KJ Choi is a 10/3 favorite to win the event and is 2 shots back (+4). Padraig Harrington is 5/1 to win also at +4.

http://scoring.opengolf.com/leaderbo...=pos&iTourId=7

https://sports.bodoglife.com/sports-...g/golf-pga.jsp

Pretty brutal Bodog thinks Norman is gonna lose. I hope he proves the bookmakers wrong.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

I want to see him and Rocco go into a playoff.

Comment

I don't even watch golf without Tiger.

Comment

Originally posted by IlliniVikeFan23 View Post
        I don't even watch golf without Tiger.
        That's funny - I'm similar, except I also don't watch it with Tiger.

Golf is one of the funnest sports to play, the absolute most boring to watch, hands down.

Comment

I love watching golf...the most relaxing sport to watch, but still very intense. I have tennis rated high too in terms of entertainment.

Anyways I hated playing golf. Way too much work to be good, expensive sport to play. Tennis + Basketball FTW

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
            I love watching golf...the most relaxing sport to watch, but still very intense. I have tennis rated high too in terms of entertainment.

Anyways I hated playing golf. Way too much work to be good, expensive sport to play. Tennis + Basketball FTW
            Golf is expensive as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by fivas14 View Post
              Golf is expensive as hell.
              Plus it's extremely frustrating and imo the hardest sport in the world to play.

Comment

Plus it's extremely frustrating and imo the hardest sport in the world to play.
                Agree 100%. I used to suck misserably until I got lessons. Now the number 1 golfer on my team. (no e-brag)

Comment

If I was rich I would defiantely play it, but I'm not. Tennis has much more action and is faster than golf, plus much cheaper. Basketball is pretty much free to play, which is awesome.

Comment

If I was rich I would defiantely play it, but I'm not. Tennis has much more action and is faster than golf, plus much cheaper. Basketball is pretty much free to play, which is awesome.
                    You don't have to be rich. I only play once a week and my school pays for the other stuff.

Never played tennis.

Basketball is awesome also.

Comment

You don't have to be rich. But clubs are expensive, balls are expensive, playing on courses is expensive, driving range fees are expensive, lessons are expensive, and I'd probably need some training tools to perfect my swing.

Not worth my time or money at all. I love watching golf, just hate to play it.

Comment

You know what's nice. My backyard is a golf course. I can just sneek on and play for free.

Comment

matt, thats really funny to me that you love to watch but hate to play because just about every single person i know who golfs is the opposite, they love to play but hate to watch

however, many people i know used to hate watching it, but once they picked up the game and started to play, suddenly they enjoy watching it on tv. most of these people were girls

i love watching golf, and i love playing golf, i work my ass off to afford it but even a round of 9 just makes my day

Comment

additionally, every major should be played in the morning like the British Open. I love waking up and turning it on where most of the people who don't matter are already done. you can see who wins and still have the rest of the day to do stuff

Comment

Originally posted by LovemyBills View Post
                              matt, thats really funny to me that you love to watch but hate to play because just about every single person i know who golfs is the opposite, they love to play but hate to watch

however, many people i know used to hate watching it, but once they picked up the game and started to play, suddenly they enjoy watching it on tv. most of these people were girls

i love watching golf, and i love playing golf, i work my ass off to afford it but even a round of 9 just makes my day
                              Scoop Jackson is the same as me, but he doesn't play for other reasons

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...jackson/080716

Comment

Working...
                              X