Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam Mac
    replied
    I hadn't watched the Open Championship but was following late last week with Greg Norman +2 and tied for first. I just saw he finished +9 and tied for third so guessing he didn't have the best last round but with the other scores it looks like the course played tough. Guess you can't complain with winning $509,000

Leave a comment:

• Adam Mac
    replied
    There's a 9 hole course be me for $12 which is pretty cheap I feel and then on Sundays theres a driving range with $10 unlimted balls which actually can be a great deal if u shoot long enough and gives u a great opportunity to work on your game

Leave a comment:

• Tango
    replied
    I love Tennis.

Especially whe i play it

on the Wii xD

Leave a comment:

• McWatt
    replied
    Oh, hell yes, it's expensive....I only played for the first time in years the other week...but I know it's fun even if I don't get to go out and do it often.

Tennis I agree, can be very intense...I used to play tournaments and such, and I still try to play as often as possible...and when matches are like this past Wimbledon's final? Awesome.

Leave a comment:

• LovemyBills
    replied
    ive seen some people get way too addicted to it, thats true. However, I think it's a cop-out to blame golf for what happens to people when they play it too much. If someone loses their job because they were always late from golf, then it's their own damn fault, not because golf is too addicting.

Leave a comment:

• fivas14
    replied
    Originally posted by LovemyBills View Post
    matt, thats really funny to me that you love to watch but hate to play because just about every single person i know who golfs is the opposite, they love to play but hate to watch

however, many people i know used to hate watching it, but once they picked up the game and started to play, suddenly they enjoy watching it on tv. most of these people were girls

i love watching golf, and i love playing golf, i work my ass off to afford it but even a round of 9 just makes my day
    Agreed.

Golfing w/ Uncle & Dad on Sunday = perfect way to end the week

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by LovemyBills View Post
    matt, thats really funny to me that you love to watch but hate to play because just about every single person i know who golfs is the opposite, they love to play but hate to watch

however, many people i know used to hate watching it, but once they picked up the game and started to play, suddenly they enjoy watching it on tv. most of these people were girls

i love watching golf, and i love playing golf, i work my ass off to afford it but even a round of 9 just makes my day
    Scoop Jackson is the same as me, but he doesn't play for other reasons

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...jackson/080716

Leave a comment:

• LovemyBills
    replied
    additionally, every major should be played in the morning like the British Open. I love waking up and turning it on where most of the people who don't matter are already done. you can see who wins and still have the rest of the day to do stuff

Leave a comment:

• LovemyBills
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IlliniVikeFan23
    replied
    You know what's nice. My backyard is a golf course. I can just sneek on and play for free.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    You don't have to be rich. But clubs are expensive, balls are expensive, playing on courses is expensive, driving range fees are expensive, lessons are expensive, and I'd probably need some training tools to perfect my swing.

Not worth my time or money at all. I love watching golf, just hate to play it.

Leave a comment:

• fivas14
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    If I was rich I would defiantely play it, but I'm not. Tennis has much more action and is faster than golf, plus much cheaper. Basketball is pretty much free to play, which is awesome.
    You don't have to be rich. I only play once a week and my school pays for the other stuff.

Never played tennis.

Basketball is awesome also.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    If I was rich I would defiantely play it, but I'm not. Tennis has much more action and is faster than golf, plus much cheaper. Basketball is pretty much free to play, which is awesome.

Leave a comment:

• fivas14
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    Plus it's extremely frustrating and imo the hardest sport in the world to play.
    Agree 100%. I used to suck misserably until I got lessons. Now the number 1 golfer on my team. (no e-brag)

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by fivas14 View Post
    Golf is expensive as hell.
    Plus it's extremely frustrating and imo the hardest sport in the world to play.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X