Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeff Samardzija not terrible in MLB debut.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Samardzija not terrible in MLB debut.

Jeff pitched two innings of relief work at Wrigley against the Marlins. He struck out two, including the first batter he faced, but allowed one run to turn a 2-1 Cubs lead into a tie game at second. His second inning of work, the eighth inning, he outed all three batters in order. The Cubs lost 3-2 after the next Cubs' reliever allowed the winning run.

Jeff Samardzija is an instant sportswriters' favorite because he was a great wide receiver for Notre Dame, but he is pretty talented. One fastball got clocked at 99 mph.
    This is my signature.

He looked really good. I'm sure he was really nervous and a one run lead isn't really an ideal spot to make your ML debut. He's got some nasty stuff...I think he is here to stay for the rest of the year.

Comment

Just saw the highlights on baseball tonight and damn his stuff is filthy. It has so much movement

Comment

Originally posted by titan_qb_3 View Post
        Just saw the highlights on baseball tonight and damn his stuff is filthy. It has so much movement
        Yeah, his fastball moves like Greg Maddux's. And Shark's is 95-98 mph.

Comment

Luckily, the Marlins still won, but I was watching the feed on CBS, and they had "Samardzija" on the mound. At first, I was confused because the name sounded so familiar.
          2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

He looked good again. Not sure he wouldn't have been better at football but I'm a fan and am interested in seeing a lot more from this guy, with our hitting in a slump like it is today we need some great relief because our starters are studly we're giving up leads late in the game now
            Check out my new site Today!
            Live 4 The Story

Comment

Working...
            X