X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vbsiena
    replied
    Originally posted by Adam Maciasz View Post
    I like the trade for the Yanks good move for once. They always get highest paid older players though never really build young players
    Jeter, Cano, Posada, Cabrera, Chamberlin, Rivera, Pettite. Etc.

That's a tired old argument.

Leave a comment:

• Adam Mac
    replied
    I like the trade for the Yanks good move for once. They always get highest paid older players though never really build young players

Leave a comment:

• Vbsiena
    replied
    Astros acquired RHP LaTroy Hawkins and cash from the Yankees for infielder Matt Cusick.
    Good news and bad news for Hawkins. On the one hand, the chance to return to the NL should help his numbers and his chances of landing a significant major league deal this winter. On the other, the other teams that were after him, the Twins and Tigers, were legitimate contenders, while joining the Astros only guarantees that he'll have October off. He'll help set up for Jose Valverde. Cusick, a 2007 10th-round pick, was hitting .285/.356/.462 as a 22-year-old in low-A ball. He's unlikely to ever see the majors.

Eh Hawkins sucks way more than Farnsworth. Hopefully the young guys then Mo and Marte get it done in the Yankees bullpen.

Leave a comment:

• LovemyBills
    replied
    very solid trade for the Yankees

however, i dont think it makes a bit of difference after the Angels got Tex

Leave a comment:

• Vbsiena
    started a topic Yankees Get Pudge

Yankees Get Pudge

ESPN reports that the Yankees have acquired Ivan Rodriguez from the Tigers for Kyle Farnsworth.

It's incredible that the Tigers would give up their catcher for such an inconsistent reliever and, in the process, help a team they might have to face in October. They'll go to Brandon Inge behind the plate now, and they'll be completely ruined in the event of an injury to him. Perhaps they'll trade for Gregg Zaun or another veteran backup. Rodriguez supplants Jose Molina on the Yankees. Chad Moeller could be let go.

Good trade for the Yankees. Farnsworth is inconsistant and they needed Catching help.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3511535
Working...
X