James and Kobe would consider Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James and Kobe would consider Europe

A person close to LeBron James said Tuesday that the Cavaliers' forward would strongly consider playing overseas if he was offered a salary of "around $50 million a year."
    Kobe Bryant also said that he'd be interested in going to Europe for $40 million a season. We could see the league's superstars going to Europe in 2010, but only if the cities of New York, Brooklyn or Los Angeles were to relocate there as well. But with all the talk about players bolting to Europe, look for the league to come up with some new ideas on how to stop it from being such an easy out in the future. And Coach K, who doesn't get enough credit for his sense of humor, says he hopes Kobe lands on the Polish National Team at some point. The biggest problem facing the NBA is that due to the salary cap, the most an NBA team can pay a superstar is around $20 million per season. Stay tuned.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...e=NBAHeadlines
    Last edited by ILikePizza; 08-05-2008, 08:25 PM. Reason: I Left out the link

james would be back for the BK nets

Comment

dont think Lebron or Kobe will ever go to Europe unless it's once they are finished in the NBA kind of like David Beckham coming here after his prime...... Anyone think Favre should go to NFL Europe?
      Check out my new site Today!
      Live 4 The Story

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Maciasz View Post
        dont think Lebron or Kobe will ever go to Europe unless it's once they are finished in the NBA kind of like David Beckham coming here after his prime...... Anyone think Favre should go to NFL Europe?
        Seeing how NFL Europe doesn't exist anymore...yes.
        WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
        Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

haha thanks for pointing that out for me
          Live 4 The Story

Comment

See all these rich players want more... Can a player ever just play for the love of the game and not for the money and fame?
            Live 4 The Story

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Maciasz View Post
              See all these rich players want more... Can a player ever just play for the love of the game and not for the money and fame?
              Nope...but that's just the reality of modern sports. Not saying it's a bad thing though.

I agree with the comparison with Beckham, lol but didn't Scotty Pippen play in Barcelona?? Saw that when I visited the Nou Camp

http://lh5.ggpht.com/PotatoPicker2/S...JPG?imgmax=512
              Last edited by Woodrift; 08-07-2008, 01:04 PM. Reason: edit
              sigpic

Comment

He's not going to the Knicks, Siena. You don't have to post it. I know you're thinking it.

Comment

Working...
                X