Drop Brandon Marshall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drop Brandon Marshall?

I'm on the fence on this. He might become a decent fantasy option later this season, but he might not. Our draft was right before he went off the deep end, so I got him at the worst possible time. He hasn't produced anything for my team thus far, and I hate to keep someone that isn't producing.

Justin Gage is the only suitable option I have on the waiver wire if I drop Marshall. I'm beginning to think it might be a good idea.

Edit: my other WRs are Colston, Derrick Mason, and Antonio Bryant. Bryant is obviously useless at the moment as well, but I think he has more potential for me than Marshall at the moment.

Thoughts?
    D
    Last edited by dk_ace; 10-02-2009, 09:44 AM.

I wouldn't drop him unless a lot better option than Gage comes up. Kerry Collins looks terrible and I think it's only a matter of time before VY gets another shot. Marshall is still getting targetted, and even getting a couple of running plays each game. If nothing else, I think he'll get it going as an audition for another team.
    Last edited by 1_bills_fan; 10-02-2009, 10:03 AM.

Comment

I would drop Bryant before Marshall. I agree, he's not doing much right now, but he's too much of a talent to not do anything all year. I would be patient with him, but you do need help. Either drop Bryant for a FA or get a trade going.

Comment

Bryant is by far your best drop.

Comment

Well, there was nothing on the FA list worth ditching Bryant, so I posted a trading block request looking for a WR. Maybe that will turn up a good prospect or two.

Thanks for your help!
          D

Comment

I got offered Roddy White for Brandon Marshall. I was really trying to trade Bryant, but what would you do?

D

Comment

I would take the trade and laugh out loud for destroying whoever offered it to you. Roddy White will be a beast by the end of the season, I have no doubt. Is it straight up?

Comment

Originally posted by dk_ace View Post
                I got offered Roddy White for Brandon Marshall. I was really trying to trade Bryant, but what would you do?

D
                Take it. Take it. Take. Take it. Take it. Take it. Take it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                sigpic
                R.I.P. Chris Henry. Even with the bad choices he made, he made a comeback and was a great and respected athlete. He will be missed greatly.

Comment

D
                  Why would anyone offer that trade?

Comment

I took a closer look at White after I got home, and while he hasn't put up that many points this year (about the same as Marshall) it was clear to me he's the superior WR. This guy wanted to trade because he's got 2 WRs on bye this week. I went ahead and proposed the trade, Marshall for White.

Within an hour, he accepted. I almost feel like I stole from him, but he made the first offer.....

Thanks for your help! I'm new to FF, so I'm learning as I go.

D

Comment

Good job, man. You killed him on that one.

Comment

I took a closer look at White after I got home, and while he hasn't put up that many points this year (about the same as Marshall) it was clear to me he's the superior WR. This guy wanted to trade because he's got 2 WRs on bye this week. I went ahead and proposed the trade, Marshall for White.

Within an hour, he accepted. I almost feel like I stole from him, but he made the first offer.....

Thanks for your help! I'm new to FF, so I'm learning as I go.

D
                        Nice you definitely won that trade. The Broncos' schedule gets much tougher while I believe that the Falcons gets easier. So White should go up and Marshall should go down.
                        sigpic
                        R.I.P. Chris Henry. Even with the bad choices he made, he made a comeback and was a great and respected athlete. He will be missed greatly.

Comment

Are you still feeling good about that trade? Marshall has been improving every week and he plays on a better team.

Comment

Yes. Marshall's schedule gets tougher and White's gets easier. There production has been about the same so far. Marshall is not exactly dependable right now considering his mental condition either. He could freak out again next week and never come out of it.

It could swing either way, but I'm pretty sure I got the better end of the deal. Only time will tell...

D

Comment

Working...
                            X