X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EL Guapo
    replied
    I vote no. Like midguy said, there's doesn't seem to be enough players to go around for another spot.

Leave a comment:

• JLash
    replied
    Vote updated.

Leave a comment:

• Midguy
    replied
    To people saying they wouldn't mind 2 QB, I think that's too drastic of a change to make when we've been building our teams for X years without that in consideration. Personally, I have devalued the QB position because of the stability and consistency of my starter. So I haven't made any effort to keep quality backups over the years. If we played 2 QB, then I obviously would have put more emphasis on the position.

A major change like that would need to come with a major change in the league, like a big redraft in a future year; something that I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to. Whether it be throwing all QB's back into a pool, all QB's but one keeper per team into a pool, or just a large roster redraft where we just hold onto X number of keepers. These are probably pretty liberal ideas for a keeper league, but those are the type of things I think we would need to do and agree on first to accompany any major lineup changes.

Leave a comment:

• bcb1213
    replied
    kickers are people too

Leave a comment:

• Midguy
    replied
    Originally posted by JLash View Post
    Alright since we got our people all lined up, let's talk about possible rule changes. Does anyone want to propose anything?

I spoke a couple months ago about possibly replacing the K with another flex spot, so I'll formally do that now to vote on.

Prop 1: Replace K position with extra flex spot.

Yes: Jlash

No: bcb, pheltz
    I vote no. To piggyback on bcb's stance, I think what he's getting at is that in a keeper league, while the bench size is large, the average quality of your players is lower because of that. Some teams have a hard enough time playing reasonable starters as it is. When we made the change to allow TE's to play in the flex spot, that was the reason; It wasn't uncommon for a team's 2nd TE to be better than the 3rd WR on their roster.

Ultimately,I think that if we added another flex spot then we would create an even larger gap between the good teams and the bad.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X