Fantasy Football Trade Value Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Football Trade Value Chart

I am known to make D-Day trades on occasion and this year I am using my TVC for the NFL Draft for Fantasy leagues.

This is made for 12 team leagues (standard). You notice it is in snake order so you can go down the line and see which teams have which pick. Pretty easy to use...but maybe you don't use it or need it. Trading up or down in a fantasy league can be of great advantage depending on where your BB is at, like in the real drafts.

It is hard to make trades because you have to trust who you are making trades with, but in my past experiences people are pretty honest if they deal with you. All you gotta do is tell each other who to take then trade post draft...like the NBA.

2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

I wish you could just trade the picks as is. It would be so much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
      I wish you could just trade the picks as is. It would be so much easier.
      But it comes with bias you may not see.

Having value assessed to each pick allows you to be truthful with the trade. It isn't a law, but it is a guide.

If you don't have a point value assessed then you come with bias thinking and asses value to the picks based on pure opinion.

Everyone thought, OMG the Jags gave up their two 3rd round picks to move up that high in the first round?

But when you really think about it, moving up from 26 to 8 was a huge move in the first round and enabled them to get the third best DE in the draft. Look at third round picks in draft history and it is pretty inconsistent the production they get and the talent they have.

Use the general TVC and you see they ripped off the Ravens big time in that trade. Just because you give up a few picks doesn't mean you are getting the raw end of the deal.

Again, let's go back to the 2007 NFL Draft in the San Diego-Weddle trade. San Diego gave up #62, #93, #161* (*Actually 167 minus 6 compensation picks which don't apply to TVC since they can't be traded...thus aren't assessed value), and a 2008 3rd rounder for #37 to get Weddle.

TVC
      #37 = 530 points
      #62, #93, #161 = 439 points

For value of the 2008 3rd round pick, you assess value (in my opinion) by assessing it as a 4th round pick now (lose value since you have to wait for the following year)...that can be anywhere from 112 to 44 points ... so let's say it is in the middle of the round which would be appx. 90 to 60 points.

Then you look at it again
      #37 = 530 points
      #62, #92, #161, 2008 3rd rounder = appx. 540 to 500 points.

You see it was a fair trade, yet San Diego got blistered for giving up so many picks for Eric Weddle. If you actually do the research, you can see that San Diego paid a very fair price, or possibly got the better end of the deal. Also factor in that a 5th round pick wouldn't make much of an impact on San Diego's team and you have a trade that made a lot of sense and showed why A.J. Smith is one of the top 5 GM's in the NFL.

Comment

So are we doing pre-draft trades as well?
        Check out my new site Today!
        Live 4 The Story

Comment

So are you going to pass out everyone's aim sn so we can chat about possibilities during the draft?
          Check out my new site Today!
          Live 4 The Story

Comment

Before the draft...probably a week before on our League home page or via email.

Comment

Working...
            X