All Sleeper Fantasy Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Sleeper Fantasy Team

QB- Jake Delhomme Carolina Panthers- Last season was a rough one for the Carolina Panthers mainly because of the loss of their star signal caller. Delhomme was of to a fast start before suffering a season ending elbow injury. A lot of owners will be scared off by his injury history but with the additions of Mushin Muhammad, DJ Hackett, and Johnathan Stewart at the skill positions as well as Jeff Otah up front this offense should be productive this season.

Projected stats- 3200 yards passing 24 Tds 11 interceptions
    Other Considerations- David Garrard JAX, Jason Campbell WASH, Matt Shaub HOU

RB- Rashard Mendenhall Pittsburgh Steelers- The bulldozing rookie out of Illinois is ready to make an instant impact in an explosive Steeler offense. Willie Parker has never been productive around the goal line and Mendenhall will get the carries inside the five from day one. The sky is the limit for this youngster.

Projected Stats- 800 rushing yards 300 receiving yards 10 total touchdowns.

RB- Julius Jones Seattle Seahawks- With the lack of receivers in Seattle they have to look somewhere for production on offense. Holmgren won't throw it as often as he did last year. I like Julius Jones to turn it around and shoulder the load for this team. Though the fact remains they are still pass heavy and Maurice Morris is still in the picture.

Projected Stats- 1200 rushing yards 200 receiving yards 6 total touchdowns.
    Other Candidates- Ryan Torrain DEN, Ladell Betts WASH

WR- Sidney Rice- The talented South Carolina product will put up nice numbers this season with Berrian in town to take some heat off of him.

Projected Stats- 70 catches 1100 yards 7 touchdowns

WR Anthony Gonzalez Indianapolis Colts- With Marvin Harrison become less and less productive as injuries mount, Gonzalez's role in the offense will grow. With a bigger role in one of the league's best offenses Gonzalez is bound to succeed.

Projected Stats- 75 catches 1000 yards 9 touchdowns

WR Vincent Jackson San Diego Chargers- This time last year Jackson was a trendy sleeper pick but ended up disappointing his owners with a lackluster season. The playoffs showed us a new Vincent Jackson, if that is the Vincent Jackson we are going to get than look out.

Projected Stats 70 catches 1200 yards 10 touchdowns
    Other Candidates- Troy Williamson JAX, Santana Moss WASH, Ted Ginn JR MIA

TE Marcades Lewis Jacksonville Jaguars- The 2006 first rounder finally starting showing his potential in the playoff game against New England before leaving the game with a knee injury. He is recovering nicely and will be ready for training camp. With the emergence of David Garrard Lewis could be a top ten tight end in 08.

Projected Stats- 40 catches 600 yards 5 touchdowns
    Other Candidates- Greg Olson CHI, Zack Miller OAK

DEF Indianapolis Colts- With Dwight Freeney healthy this defense is one of the most productive in fantasy football.
    Other Candidates- Arizona

K Mike Nugent New York Jets- With a little more talent on this offense I think he will start to live up to his potential.
    Other Candidates- Kris Brown HOU
    "I'm looking forward to a 15-year career, a couple of trips to the Super Bowl and a parade through downtown San Diego.''
    -Ryan Leaf after 1998 NFL Draft

No rookie RB is worth starting with the exception of K. Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by fivas14 View Post
      No rookie RB is worth starting with the exception of K. Smith.
      Jonathan Stewart says hello.
      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Stewart McFadden Mendenhall Forte and K Smith are all potential starters. And I would rank them in that order.
        "I'm looking forward to a 15-year career, a couple of trips to the Super Bowl and a parade through downtown San Diego.''

Comment

Kevin Smith...what competition does he have? Forte?

How can you say McFadden (Fargas) and Mendenhall (Parker) are more likely to be starters?

Oh my bad you apply to the first round = more production theory.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
            Jonathan Stewart says hello.
            He wont start from day 1.

But I would rank it

1) Smith
            2) Stew

Comment

Originally posted by fivas14 View Post
              He wont start from day 1.

But I would rank it

1) Smith
              2) Stew
              So then you think Rashard Mendenhall and Darren McFadden are more likely to start over Jonathan Stewart?

And I really don't care if he doesn't start day 1. If you get more starts then the other guy, especially late in the year, that's what matters.

I don't see McFadden or Mendenhall starting this year at all barring injury.

Comment

I meant that they were all potential fantasy starters.

Comment

Isn't Ray Rice a potential fantasy starter too then?

Comment

Matt Forte will have the best rookie season. Mark that down.
                    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Isn't Ray Rice a potential fantasy starter too then?
                      Why would you start Ray Rice on your fantasy team with McGahee there. He is far superior to any of the backs challenging the other rookies. I guess he could steal some td's but he is still behind those other rookies in my rankings.

Comment

Rice could be a productive change of pace back, but I'm not sure if he's going to be quite at the level of Forte, Smith, or Stewart.
                        - Also known as Dan.
                        - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

So then you think Rashard Mendenhall and Darren McFadden are more likely to start over Jonathan Stewart?

And I really don't care if he doesn't start day 1. If you get more starts then the other guy, especially late in the year, that's what matters.

I don't see McFadden or Mendenhall starting this year at all barring injury.
                          No I don't.

I think Stew will start by week 4.

Comment

I see the logic in Mendenhall, although I wouldn't put him there. Parker is coming off of a serious leg break, and he's a speed back which will hurt even more. He's also never got goal line carries with the exception of 2006 (you can tell they don't want him to get it on the GL though). The Steelers run a two back system and just cut Davenport so they seem confident in the rookie. Mendenhall could have a 2006 Marion Barber type fantasy impact.... that being said, I don't think it will happen.

Comment

I will have my fantasy sleepers again this year very shortly... Last year I posted that Brady would be better than MPeyton and had Joey Galloway and Braylon Edwards as top sleepers for WRs.... Granted I also had C. Benson being a stud but we can forget about that one
                              Check out my new site Today!
                              Live 4 The Story

Comment

Working...
                              X